3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » any bowhunting artist here ? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: any bowhunting artist here ?
Pat B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat B   Email Pat B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a paper mache Eastern Woodland Archer I made and donated to Twin Oaks 2 years ago for the raffle table at the Tenn. Classic...
 -

-

-

The bow is osage, arrows are bamboo skewers with real turkey feather 2 fletch, quiver, bag and neck knife sheath are brain tanned deer hide.

--------------------
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 13428 | From: Brevard, NC. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arrow30
Contributor 2016
Member # 22657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arrow30   Email arrow30   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lot of work doing all those feathers, good job bvas.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~DON'T SECOND GUESS YOUR INSTINCT~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 1870 | From: st. louis county , missouri | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arrow30
Contributor 2016
Member # 22657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arrow30   Email arrow30   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
now that's neet! pat b

--------------------

Posts: 1870 | From: st. louis county , missouri | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
U.a.horribilis
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 44583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for U.a.horribilis   Email U.a.horribilis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really cool stuff!
Posts: 53 | From: Missouri | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Musicians and artists are the people I envy most. I love these topics but have no talent. I guess there needs to be guys like me so we can appropriately "ooooohhhhh" and "aaaahhhhhh" over nice work. I wish I could afford to buy some of it. This nice stuff.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4942 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kadbow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kadbow   Email kadbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Impressive! Absolutely zero artistic talent for me. I do take some nice pics once in awhile but don’t really consider that art.

--------------------
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Nebraska Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Pope and Young Club
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2584 | From: Western Colorado | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What he said^^^^^^^^^^ applies to me also.

Lots of talent and cool stuff in this thread!!!!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11932 | From: Sonora, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat B   Email Pat B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The raffle tickets at the Tenn Classic are only a dollar each. Anyone can afford that.
This year I'm working of a Native flint knapper teaching a youngster. I'll post pics when I get it completed. Last year I made a Medieval English archer with a yew bow, arrows and his full kit; sword, dagger, helmet, shield and kit bag.

--------------------
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 13428 | From: Brevard, NC. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arrow30
Contributor 2016
Member # 22657

this is a walking stick I carved a while back.a buck scull on top of ot. ive made others for friends but don't have pics. one with a turkey head and one with a morel mushroom, oh and one with lady luck on top, lol!

-  -
 -

--------------------

Wild Bill MCP 808
Member # 36956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild Bill MCP 808   Email Wild Bill MCP 808   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work guys keep at it never quit.

Bill

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
60" Black Widow 52 @ 28
60" Thunderhorn 60@ 28
62" Thunderhorn 50@ 28
62" Hoyt Buffalo 50@28
Bear Kodiak Magnum 45@ 28
NRA Member
Bill Wilhelm

Posts: 95 | From: PA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Longbowwally
Contributor 2018
Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Longbowwally   Author's Homepage   Email Longbowwally   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful work everyone! I wish I had that talent - Have you guys always been able to draw/paint/etc like this or is it something you had to develop with practice?

--------------------
LONG LIVE THE LONGBOW!

Wally Holmes

Posts: 1066 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rraming
Contributor 2018
Member # 19822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rraming   Email rraming   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Byant - really a great drawing!
Posts: 1625 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wood carver 2
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wood carver 2   Email wood carver 2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really great art here. I love seeing what other people do.
I love the walking stick. I've made a few, but they aren't archery related, so I didn't include them.
"Beautiful work everyone! I wish I had that talent - Have you guys always been able to draw/paint/etc like this or is it something you had to develop with practice?"
I never really gave it much thought. When I wanted to try something, I just did. The first few times it might come out looking like the dog's breakfast, but it usually gets better with practice.
Dave.

--------------------
" Vegetarian" a Native American term for bad hunter.

Posts: 1687 | From: Cambridge, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bvas   Email Bvas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Longbowwally:
Beautiful work everyone! I wish I had that talent - Have you guys always been able to draw/paint/etc like this or is it something you had to develop with practice?

Definitely some talented folks amongst us here.
Guess I’ve always had a little natural talent when it comes to art. But like anything else, the more ya do, the better you get. I just love being able to envision something, then trying to create it.

--------------------
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Posts: 883 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bvas   Email Bvas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like just about any kind of art. Especially those that are new and challenging.
 -

--------------------
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Posts: 883 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©