JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » HIGHLIGHTS 2014 » 2014 Black Widow Season

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2014 Black Widow Season
purple heat
Member # 39442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for purple heat   Email purple heat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My goal this season is to tag out using my Black Widow . I had the bow built for me in September of 2012 and have harvested a few deer with it each season but have not fully filled my tags with Traditional equipment alone .. I am allowed 6 deer in the zone I hunt in South East Arkansas ( 2 bucks and 4 does) ... Early October I was able to stalk within 30 yards of this doe feeding under a persimmon and make a good shot, I shot this doe with my Black Widow PCH 54@28, Traditional Only 340 Shaft , and a Woodsman Elite 175g Broad Head

[/URL]

The next deer I was able to get the opportunity to take was my best Traditional buck to date .. I hung a Lock On stand in a White Oak about 15 yards from a cluster of 4 Persimmon trees .. 2 weeks later i hunted it for the first time and had this buck come straight in about 6:30 PM on October 18th .. I shot him quartered to me just a hair at 11 steps .. The arrow went in between his shoulder blades and almost penetrated the bottom of his chest but did not exit . I knew I made a decent hit on the deer and gave him about 6 hours and came back with some help to look for the deer.. A friend's son found the only drop of blood we could find that night.. We decided to back out and try again in the morning .. The next morning me and a buddy set out early and arrived at the t-shirt we marked the blood from the night before. After searching around for only a few minutes I could hear hogs squealing and raising hell only a hundred or so yards away.. We decided to slip up on the hogs to see if they might be on my deer, and sure enough, that's exactly what they were up to . The buck only went about 80 yards from where I shot him.. Lucky for me the hogs led me straight to my buck, and lucky for the hogs my buddy nor I had our bows with us ...

So far this November I have been fortunate to take a couple more does .. This one was also shot with a 175g Woodsman like my previous two deer..

And this one I shot with a 175g Helix Single Bevel ...

[URL=http://imgur.com/s68AyR2.]

Two more tags to fill , so hopefully later on I can post the remainder of my season !

--------------------
Bob Lee Signature 62" 59#@28"
Black Widow PCH 58" 54#@28"
Toelke Whip HS 62" 50#@28"

Posts: 38 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not having any luck with the pictures but Congrats!

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17174 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
purple heat
Member # 39442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for purple heat   Email purple heat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

--------------------

Posts: 38 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
purple heat
Member # 39442

-

--------------------

purple heat
Member # 39442

Ok now I have it figured out ! Here are the rest ...

-

-

-

--------------------

Jacquesbonin
Contributor 2014
Member # 34934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacquesbonin   Email Jacquesbonin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations on a fine achievement! Good job! Happy holidays! Jacques
Posts: 344 | From: new hampshire | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome! i was in Ark the first week of October and could not find a deer anywhere! Now I have 6 tags burning a hole in my pocket. I hope I get to come back at least once more to try to fill one or two.

Congrats on a great season so far!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11833 | From: Sonora, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KyStickbow
2017 Contributor
Member # 23941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KyStickbow   Email KyStickbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good shootin brother...and that's an awesome buck!!

--------------------
Aim small...Miss small!!

Posts: 2165 | From: Kentucky | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Izzy
Contributor 2016
Member # 10828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzy   Email Izzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You Arkansas boys can hunt. Congrats!
Posts: 8503 | From: latham, new york | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carbonflyr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 22990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carbonflyr   Email carbonflyr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah buddy!!! [thumbsup]
Posts: 688 | From: new york | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Ed
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Ed   Email Big Ed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got it done!!! Wow, what a season!!

--------------------
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Posts: 6990 | From: Morgantown, PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe ashton
Contributor 2013
Member # 11463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe ashton   Email joe ashton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good for you.. (Hmm in Colo we get one deer tag every two years... I gotta move!)

--------------------
Joe Ashton,D.C.
pronghorn long bow 54#
black widow long bow 55#
21 century long bow 55#
big horn recurve 58#

Posts: 4226 | From: colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©