JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » HIGHLIGHTS 2015 » Two years n the waiting... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Two years n the waiting...
2hats
Contributor 2014
Member # 16363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2hats   Email 2hats   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well finally after having injuries and shoulder surgery I got out with thee Zipper SXT yesterday.With all the traveling for work and waiting on first Grandchild life's been and will get busier. This would be my last October hunt.
I met up with my buddy Nook in the afternoon over on the farm we hunt.I was go excited to be able to go out with the recurve again,I had been toting something much different and the love and excitement just wasn't the same.Now I was capable of shooting my recurve again so what the heck lets give it a whirl.I still can't carry a climber due to my weak shoulder but now i have a couple of Ole Man ladder stands and one of those was gonna be my afternoon perch.
I grabbed my gear and went in a little earlier than my norm but I wanted to get slow walk in and enjoy every moment of the hunt.I finally got the stand after several stops just to take in Gods beautiful work.The breezy woods ,the smells,the falling leaves,what a wonderful place we live in to be able to enjoy these simple moments.
I climbed into the stand and swayed with the trees for a few hours.It was getting deer thirty so I decided to stand for bit,heard crashing and through all the wind here pops out a Yearling,with 13 yds,slightly quartering. You could tell it was spooky due to the windy condition.I leand over to get a shot through the undergrowth waited for a head turn and released a heritage 75 tipped with a Magnus II head,heard the crack as the arrow entered high on the shoulder to exit the lungs on the opposite side.The deer ran off and i couldn't hear any crash,mainly for the wind.As we all do I wondered was the hit good,how far till good blood,etc.I waited a few not sure to sit in stand any longer, and wait for another opportunity. The more I played it through my head I knew in yt gut it was played out the way it should have been.
I slowly defended from the ladder stand and eased over the

were the deer was standing,instant blood,that feeling gives you a good rush to say the least. I slowly followed the trail then seen bubbles in the blood and my smile grew wider.I stooped looked ahead of me 50 yards or so and there the deer lay. Many praises to God and off I went.Thank goodness it was a Yearling cause I wouldn't have able to drag it out without help.Thanks for letting mre share this with you,this was a special; hunt just knowing that I was able to do this again.My shoulde is barking today but heck it was all worth it.I have to figure out this Mac for posting pics.I will put them them as soon as I figure it out.

Danny
 -
 -

--------------------
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Posts: 854 | From: charlottesville,va | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAM E. STEPHENS   Email SAM E. STEPHENS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats sir....

,,,Sam,,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Posts: 2661 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nook
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nook   Email Nook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You Terry Green wannabe "Salad Head"

-

I'm Very proud of my Bow Brother. Trad Bowhunting brought us together 20 years ago. I understood his pain, mental and physical. There is no thrill like doing it the hard way. He even drug the deer out without the 4 wheeler. Way to use the quads god gave you.

Congratulations to my Brother Dan in many ways.

[clapper] [archer2]

--------------------
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Posts: 1117 | From: Charlottesville, Va | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2hats
Contributor 2014
Member # 16363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2hats   Email 2hats   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[archer] [archer2]

Nook I might have to email these pics to you to post. Never mind buddy I got..

--------------------
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John

Posts: 854 | From: charlottesville,va | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome!

Congrats,

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11833 | From: Sonora, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyler C. Moore
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 34463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyler C. Moore   Author's Homepage   Email Tyler C. Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!! Nice SXT and a great shot.

--------------------
Tyler C. Moore

Posts: 1391 | From: North Andover, Massachusetts / Acton, Maine | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RedStag5728
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedStag5728   Email RedStag5728   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go Danny! Good to see you back in the game! [archer] [clapper]

--------------------
Randy
CTA RedStag LB 64" ntn 57# @ 28"
Hickory SB (#2) 64" ntn 43# @ 28"
Hickory East Woodland SB 65# @ 27"

Posts: 314 | From: Orange, Virginia | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Ed
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Ed   Email Big Ed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go little buddy!!

--------------------
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Posts: 6990 | From: Morgantown, PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VA Elite
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VA Elite   Email VA Elite   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Not Worthy]

--------------------
If you profess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved Romans 10:9

Posts: 1016 | From: Chester, VA | Registered: Dec 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KentuckyTJ
SPONSOR
Member # 12840

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KentuckyTJ   Author's Homepage   Email KentuckyTJ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had wondered where you had been Danny. Great job Brother!

--------------------
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it >>>---->

Posts: 9058 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2hats
Contributor 2014
Member # 16363

Thanks again y'all .I can't wait to get back in the woods.It will be November before I can. I hope to be able too o get back to normal and be able to hit the 3D hard next year as well,but for now I love the feeling I got on this last hunt.Amazing how some things are imbedded in our souls.

--------------------

Fletcher
Associate Sponsor - Contributor 2016
Member # 1125

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fletcher   Email Fletcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Hats! Well done!

--------------------
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Posts: 5888 | From: Rochester, IL | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Cousineau
2017 Contributor
Member # 42730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Cousineau   Email Paul Cousineau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!

--------------------
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feast on the riches of the hunt. -Proverbs 12:27

Posts: 485 | From: Michigan | Registered: Dec 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, Glad you are more able to hunt the way you want these days.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17179 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Basinboy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Basinboy   Email Basinboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!

--------------------
Palmer Longbow 47#@26" 62" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 52@26" 58" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 46#@26" 60" amo

Posts: 1283 | From: South Louisiana | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©