JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » HIGHLIGHTS 2016 » New Years Doe

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Years Doe
Sawpilot 75
Contributor 2017
Member # 18914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sawpilot 75   Email Sawpilot 75   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After a long season of chasing a couple big bucks and them starting to shed I decided to buckle down and shoot a old Doe. So yesterday about 2:30 in the afternoon she came in with a group of 5 more feeding early with the approaching front. A 13 yard quartering away shot and a 60 yard recovery ended quick. It was over in 15 seconds. A nice quick kill. I used my new Custom River Runner by Chad Holm and a Cedar shaft tipped with a Simmons head did the trick. Happy to have meat in the freezer and start looking for sheds and scouting for this fall. I'll have to add up my hours on stand but I believe this was my 25th sit of the season.

-

Posts: 769 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cove-Creek
Contributor 2017
Member # 13378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cove-Creek   Email Cove-Creek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!

--------------------
Zach

Posts: 169 | From: Billings, MT | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A.S.
SPONSOR
Member # 9316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A.S.   Email A.S.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful doe Aaron, congrats!! [clapper]

--------------------
http://www.tenringstrings.com

custom flemish twist bowstrings

Posts: 4155 | From: Ruckersville, Va | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sawpilot 75
Contributor 2017
Member # 18914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sawpilot 75   Email Sawpilot 75   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Allen! Love the strings buddy.
Posts: 769 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yohon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yohon   Email Yohon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About as good a season as you could ask for...other than getting one of the big ones but if they are shedding then they'll be that much bigger next year....congrats [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Posts: 1278 | From: Maryland | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on the doe!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11543 | From: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RedRidge
2017 Contributor
Member # 39216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedRidge   Email RedRidge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done, glad you have some meat in the freezer.
Posts: 150 | From: West Texas | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Buckeye1977
Contributor 2017
Member # 44686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buckeye1977   Email Buckeye1977   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on a nice doe! I was out yesterday also and had deer moving early too but no shot

Nick

--------------------
Nick

PBS Associate Member
Bw PLV 62" 50@28
Kemp Kwyk Styk 56" 47@28
Zipper 58" 58@28

Posts: 456 | From: OH | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sawpilot 75
Contributor 2017
Member # 18914

Thanks guys. It was a fun season with lots of good memories.
Jayrod
Contributor 2017
Member # 17800

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jayrod   Author's Homepage   Email Jayrod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Aaron glad you broke in the river runner and hope you liked the simmons head

--------------------
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Associate member/ PBS

Posts: 3087 | From: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©