Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
Taurus Bows
3Rivers Archery

Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Jay Sheffield

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Prayers/Concerns/Honors/Ailments » Prayer for my mentor (Update)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Prayer for my mentor (Update)
BenBow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BenBow   Email BenBow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jerry got me started in building bows will have back surgery on the 16th. He's already gone through a similar surgery on his neck. a 2 day surgery and 4 to 6 months in a back brace. Praying that all goes well and he's delivered from the pain he's going through.

--------------------
Psalm 143:8 (NLT): "Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you."

Posts: 3969 | From: Sunny Rio Rancho, New Mexico | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EHK
Contributor 2014
Member # 25892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EHK   Email EHK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best wishes and prayers for a smooth surgery and speedy recovery.
Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snakebit40
Contributor 2014
Member # 25584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snakebit40   Email snakebit40   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers from KS

--------------------
Jon Richards

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons--your quiver and bow--and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 62@28
Schafer Silvertip 71@28

Posts: 1630 | From: Studley, Kansas | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lunatic11
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lunatic11   Email lunatic11   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers sent from east Texas.
Posts: 336 | From: Nacogdoches,TX | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Winterhawk1960
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15838

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Winterhawk1960   Email Winterhawk1960   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers on the way for a successful surgery and a quick and pain-free recovery.

Thy will be done.... [pray]

Winterhawk1960

--------------------
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Posts: 1913 | From: Parkersburg, West Virginia | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nosight
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nosight   Email Nosight   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers from here....

--------------------
Remember...aim small miss small...

Posts: 653 | From: Buckly Washington | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nock
Contributor 2007
Member # 116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nock   Author's Homepage   Email Doc Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know that Jerry is in my prayers. They're doing great things with such surgeries.

May God's hand be on his surgical team and he know peace and a successful surgery!

--------------------
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow
Sasquatch 60" T/D, R/D LB

Posts: 11866 | From: L@ncaster County, PA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shick
Contributor 2014
Member # 1088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shick   Email shick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will keep Jerry in our prayers.
Shick

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Posts: 1382 | From: Pa | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Rowland
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Rowland   Email Barry Rowland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers from central PA

--------------------
Barry

Posts: 286 | From: PA | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2014
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope and prayers all goes well.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 11993 | From: Scotia, NY | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenBow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BenBow   Email BenBow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got this e-mail from Jerry today. Looks like the surgery went well and praying that he gets free of the pain. Also that his hips turn out to be ok.
quote:
praying that everything goes well for you Galen. Wayne is fighting the same thing. At least my problems are skeletal. They are keeping me in the hospital rehab unit until the 2nd. My surgery went well but now they are telling me I need a total hip replacement. That will have to wait until the back is healed. Hope they are wrong.
They have great staff here at the hospital rehab unit and we are finally getting the pain under control somewhat.

--------------------
Psalm 143:8 (NLT): "Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you."

Posts: 3969 | From: Sunny Rio Rancho, New Mexico | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nock
Contributor 2007
Member # 116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nock   Author's Homepage   Email Doc Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Galen,

Your friend/mentor must've also taught you life issues: He reads like one tough ole bird.

Sounds like he's having a good bit of pain but minimizing it in his note. How uplifting to see!

PRayers that his pain levels off without those nasty meds, and that this hip issue can be resolved and is more about angry nerves from back surgery than degenerative issues.

Lord in your Mercy

--------------------
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow
Sasquatch 60" T/D, R/D LB

Posts: 11866 | From: L@ncaster County, PA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©