JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Prayers/Concerns/Honors/Ailments » it can all change in an INSTANT.... down again, yup u told me so! (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: it can all change in an INSTANT.... down again, yup u told me so!
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ken, this time listen up! It is good to hear that you have made a medical appointment. Do what the doctor tells you so that you don't have further complications. Take whatever steps are necessary so that in the future you will still be able to pull a bow. We all hope to hear of improvement soon. Good luck.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4386 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IndaTimber
Contributor 2015
Member # 40229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IndaTimber   Email IndaTimber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear this Ken. Hope you have a quick and speedy recovery. Follow doctor's orders to a T!!
Posts: 276 | From: Ohio | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archie
Contributor 2016
Member # 13795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archie   Email Archie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hurt my neck in a pretty rough collision playing hockey 2 weeks ago. Bulging disc, lots of pain, nerve pinch causing numbness and pain all down my arm... It really affected me for the bad at home, at work, and everywhere in between. The pain has begun to subside now, but ugh!

I went to the doc right away, got an MRI, figured what the problem was and wasn't. While I may be done playing competitive hockey now, it looks like I'll still be able to shoot all my bows.

I'm with the rest of the crowd here.... Go see your M.D.

--------------------
"The problem with quotes and other information obtained on the internet is that it is difficult to determine whether that information is genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

66" Black Widow PLX 48# @ 31"
64" Black Widow PMA3 49#, 56#, & 68# @ 31"

Posts: 1826 | From: Illinois | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Vic
Contributor 2009
Member # 7918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear this brother, I agree with whats been said above. Never put off a injury, been having back problems and went in for x-rays. They determined at one time years ago i fractured my L5 in two an now Arthur is holding it together.Sending smoke for a speedy recovery...

--------------------
“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.”
― Aldo Leopold

Posts: 1319 | From: Iowa | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Ed
Contributor 2017
Member # 2241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Ed   Email Big Ed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get better bud, go to the dr.

--------------------
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Posts: 6830 | From: Morgantown, PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adkmountainken
Contributor 2016
Member # 3237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for adkmountainken   Email adkmountainken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
now I am very angary and frustrated on how the course of this ridiculous insurance thing works! I got xrays which show dislocation but need an MRI to see farther damage. workmans comp has to ok MRI which takes up to 2 weeks!!!! got put on light duty so I do not loose work time. I hate waiting, hurting and waiting on paper work to be pushed through!!!!!!

--------------------
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Posts: 7014 | From: the great Adirondacks | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archie
Contributor 2016
Member # 13795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archie   Email Archie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get pre approved, and get documentation before having the MRI. I just got a letter - 3 days after I had my MRI - that said the insurance doesn't approve and won't cover it! I received verbal confirmation of a pre approval, but don't know if that's going to get me anywhere.

--------------------
"The problem with quotes and other information obtained on the internet is that it is difficult to determine whether that information is genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

66" Black Widow PLX 48# @ 31"
64" Black Widow PMA3 49#, 56#, & 68# @ 31"

Posts: 1826 | From: Illinois | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Killdeer
Contributor 2016
Member # 437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Killdeer   Author's Homepage   Email Killdeer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While Working...
Report it to a supervisor and seek a doctor. Period!

Killdeer [banghead]
Love you, brother.

--------------------
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 15401 | From: Fibber McGee's Closet, VA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frank bullitt
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frank bullitt   Email frank bullitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ken, first and foremost the best to you and family!

No matter how ugly they can be, if you follow thru, properly, laws are in place!

Now,also remember the company has a commitment to it's customers and so takes this hard stance!

Remember the posts, up÷# messed up my bow! Or to Killy, the Post o#\€=€£ lost my bow!
They have a commitment, also! This is their hardline!

Not to preach, but being able to pull a bow is last on your priorities!
I pray for your family and all who call you friend!

Posts: 2234 | From: mighty wabash river,in. | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zarch
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarch   Email zarch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you feel bett er ken prayers sent
Posts: 299 | From: R.I. area | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©