JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Prayers/Concerns/Honors/Ailments » Coveting prayer for discernment (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Coveting prayer for discernment
Doc Nock
Contributor 2007
Member # 116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nock   Author's Homepage   Email Doc Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark,

Thoughtful response & I thank you for taking time to share. 2 hrs to nearest AAMCO here, if I thought it would drive that far, I'd drive to other dealers and just dump/trade it!

Ford dealers here are notoriously BAD and at $100/hr for labor while the pup working on your ride gets like $10/hr... Doesn't fill me with confidence!

Already switched out all the Shift solenoids and computer control boards in Tranny, with new and one with brand new. The shop's research says its likely the main computer!

--------------------
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Posts: 13315 | From: Greene County, TN | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nock
Contributor 2007
Member # 116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nock   Author's Homepage   Email Doc Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...spent yesterday running all over the country getting a used matching computer for the F150, paid to have it put in, "won't start" and the Theft light is flashing... put old box back and it starts but runs for crap...

Was fortunate to get a refund on the used computer of $55 and then the shop finds another outfit hours away with another one but their computer warns that ALL Computer changes must go to Ford to be reprogrammed or they won't work...

Back to square ONE!

IF...IF there IS a short somewhere that fried my existing computer into believing there are things that need replaced that have been replaced, then paying another $200 to get the used computer "reprogrammed" and installed, would only mean it might fry it again...

So, now...?

Small taters in the overall scheme of life challenges but this old hoss is starting to show some saddle sores! [Frown]

--------------------
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Posts: 13315 | From: Greene County, TN | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keefer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keefer   Author's Homepage   Email Keefer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think there is an "Ointment" of some kind for those saddle sores Doc!
Better put a bullet in that old horse [jumper]

Continued Prayers my friend . [pray]

Posts: 4085 | From: Hurlock Maryland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nock
Contributor 2007
Member # 116

LOL...someone once said to "shoot it and put it out of YOUR misery..." That was in a different situation, but a clever twist on that old saying.

I'd like to find anyone who was mechanically inclined as there is enough "NEW" stuff on the truck, but I'm not going to spend more on a lark.

Guess I'll have to decide soon.

--------------------

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©