JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Prayers/Concerns/Honors/Ailments » Worst days you can imagine (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Worst days you can imagine
bucknut
2017 Contributor
Member # 40674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bucknut   Email bucknut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not much of a sympathy seeker but need to vent a little. Yesterday morning my mother called me at work and told me my youngest brother had committed suicide. It was his 31st birthday and she was bringing him a birthday cake to find him dead from hanging himself. My poor mother! He had been fighting depression for a while and we thought he was getting better, but he said he just couldn't take it any longer. He was my best friend! I was more like a father to him because of our age difference. This is like losing one of your children. We did everything together. From chasing elk in the Rockies, Bass in Canada, food plots, tree stands, Whitetails, Spring Gobblers and small game. He was hands down the best I knew for picking the spot to kill a deer. Or he was just damn lucky. The boy could climb a light pole in a Wal Mart parking lot and kill a big one. We are learning by notes and things he had done, that he had planned this for a very long time. I had to spend all day driving today getting my kids rounded up. One in the service and one in college. In 14 hours or so of driving you can't get it out of your head. You sort of feel robbed, mad, Hurt. He wouldn't talk to me about his issues because I'm a hard ass. I get to live with that the rest of my life. I don't even Know if I'll ever be able to hunt again, because everything is going to remind me of him! Maybe I'm just being selfish. In closing. If anyone has a friend or family member that is troubled with this terrible sickness do everything in your power to help them! I didn't do enough! I'll have to live with this the rest of my life. I hope none of you ever have to! I'm gonna miss that little bastard!
John

Posts: 529 | From: S. E. Ohio | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdk25
Contributor 2017
Member # 12864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdk25   Email pdk25   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very sorry for your lost. Easy to say, but you are not responsible for this tragedy. I hope that you can eventually let yourself off the hook.
Posts: 5534 | From: Ada, Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NIGEL01
Assoc Sponsor - CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 22184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NIGEL01   Email NIGEL01   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, you can't blame yourself. He wouldn't want you to.
Posts: 847 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alex321
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 41082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alex321   Email alex321   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is not much one can say apart from I am sorry for your lose and your pain.

If someone does not come to you for help, there is not much you can do and even then, maybe nothing you could have done.

My thoughts are with you and your family
Alex

Posts: 223 | From: Germany | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bowguy67
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 45078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bowguy67   Email Bowguy67   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bud, I lost a brother in similar fashion. He actually left no note and we don't know if it was an accident or intentional.
Been about 20 years so we may never know but I know exactly the way you feel.
In life lots of really bad things happen to us. You can stay down or try and find the positive.
I, myself have a David Mann (easy rider illustrator)
tattoo on my quad. It's a guy and his girl on a bike. They're leaving a cold wintry scene and riding into Daytona.
From split rail northern fence full of snow into palm trees and seagulls.
The road they're driving on says "It Gets Better".
Every winter turns to summer. Every night has a day. It all gets better sometime.
While I do not want to take the grieving away from you cause it's necessary try and find something positive to grasp.
Your family is gonna need that.
I said to myself during the time that least it wasn't a car accident with all my brothers in it.
Maybe weak but it made me thankful for something.
There's more but if you need to talk pm me and I'll try and help.
Prayers for you and your family during a really rough time.
I'm very sorry

Posts: 49 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mgf
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 40760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mgf   Email mgf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just lost a cousin to suicide. His problems had gone on for a very long time and I think those closest to him did everything that they could.

It's not reasonable or helpful to blame yourself.

Posts: 348 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg Szalewski
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Szalewski   Email Greg Szalewski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

--------------------
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Posts: 1190 | From: Menomonee Falls, WI | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Buckeye1977
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 44686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buckeye1977   Email Buckeye1977   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how you're feeling at this point but I don't think your brother would want you to quit hunting I would think he would want you to get out there as much as possible and enjoy every minute you could!

--------------------
Nick

PBS Associate Member
Kemp Kwyk Styk 56" 47@28
Toelke Chinook 58" 47@28
Zipper 58" 58@28

Posts: 653 | From: OH | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fishone
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fishone   Email fishone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John, I am so sorry for your loss.
Posts: 2180 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bucknut
2017 Contributor
Member # 40674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bucknut   Email bucknut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys! I have a long rough row to hoe. Getting thru visitation today and services tomorrow. He is being cremated and wants me to spread his ashes alone on a "mountain in the clouds" that we climbed together in New Mexico (Unit 53) a few years back. So we can be together one last time.

John

Posts: 529 | From: S. E. Ohio | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D.B Cooper
Member # 46610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D.B Cooper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reality is you and your family most likely did do everything you could for him. The ones that are determined to end their life usually don't leave any clues leading up to it. I'm real sorry for your loss.

--------------------
Morrison Phoenix XD 17" ILF Riser
SF Elite Carbon/Foam Limbs 52@28
Beman ICS Bowhunters

Posts: 16 | From: Washington | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Vines
Contributor 2015
Member # 7379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Vines   Email Mike Vines   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John, I just sent you a PM. You are not alone. Call me if you need to talk. Many of us have been through this, and you will come through it too.

Mike

--------------------
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Posts: 5337 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenBow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BenBow   Email BenBow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for God's comfort and helping you understand and let go so that you don't suffer for what happened. Can't blame yourself for what happened.

--------------------
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel, (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Posts: 5252 | From: Sunny Rio Rancho, New Mexico | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very sorry for your great loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4740 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lunatic11
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lunatic11   Email lunatic11   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers sent for you and your family.
Posts: 443 | From: Nacogdoches,TX | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©