JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Prayers/Concerns/Honors/Ailments » update on truck woes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: update on truck woes
Doc Nock
Contributor 2007
Member # 116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nock   Author's Homepage   Email Doc Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya'll were so supportive when I was in angst over my older F150 (thankfully not my main ride) that lay down on me and folks hereabouts couldn't diagnose the cause.

I had a fuel censor replaced that cost plenty, then it had tranny codes for solenoids...they fixed that but didn't fix the problem....

After much anxiety, I finally went to the local Ford dealer and sat down with the Service Mgr who turned out to be a good chap.

I shared all that was done, the codes, and set an appt. They had a $99 + tax diagnostic flat rate wheter it took 1 hr or 3.

Next day after appt, they called and said, "its fixed! Turned out to be a broken main power supply to the tranny so maybe all those replaced solenoids weren't really bad? They fixed the wire for the same diagnostic price! [thumbsup]

it's running now for another $111 with tax so I feel blessed. Now to try to get rid of it and get something newer... I don't really NEED a truck anymore here or even AWD, since land access is highly limited in my adoptive area.

Thanks again for prayers...now onto finding a new ride and offing the truck and the 06 SUV that also is getting miles and years on it!

I was blessed and am grateful to god and my friends here! [Smile]

In the scope of many of the issues brought forward here, this wasn't jack...but on fixed income, it had me in a tailspin and it's so easy to take things on our own shoulders when we really have no control over anything but our own attitude about life! [Not Worthy]

--------------------
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Posts: 13315 | From: Greene County, TN | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lowrider
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 17080

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lowrider   Email Lowrider   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good news. Glad it worked out. God Bless
Posts: 681 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenBow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BenBow   Email BenBow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy that has to feel good to get that off your back! So glad for you, Praise God

--------------------
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel, (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Posts: 5252 | From: Sunny Rio Rancho, New Mexico | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keefer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keefer   Author's Homepage   Email Keefer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doc so glad to hear you have it resolved and back to running.
I was about to go buy you a new truck that would never give you an issue and cost nothing to operate but a push and you make a motor noise like "Broom Broom" and set it in your sand box when all done playing with it. [Razz]

Posts: 4085 | From: Hurlock Maryland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nock
Contributor 2007
Member # 116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nock   Author's Homepage   Email Doc Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks... I cleaned it up and it's now sitting in the front yard with For SALE signs on it...

I'll leave it for a week then start trolling dealers for trades...

I still have to sell the 2006 Hundai Santa Fe. it only has 109K miles but I want ONE vehicle that'll last me till I croak or quit driving...

Keef, that's funny right there...buddy wanted a motor cycle so bad and his intended bride said she got him one and it was on the porch...it too was a toy on the Milk Box (y'know how long ago that was) and he still talked about that 20 yrs later!

--------------------
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Posts: 13315 | From: Greene County, TN | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope it sells quick, Lots of guys looking for used trucks these days.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 16921 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nock
Contributor 2007
Member # 116

Friend at church is helping me put an ad together for Craigs List but I thought you weren't...well, never mind...

Thanks for the well wishes Charlie... Best to you on Monday with your interview!

--------------------

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©