JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Prayers/Concerns/Honors/Ailments » Selfish Prayer Request (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Selfish Prayer Request
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all, it's not often that I ask for prayers but currently my head is in a bad place.

Recently I relocated back home to Wisconsin, it's been great to be near family.

My job has not been great and my gut wrenches every day I have to go in. I believe the writing is on the wall for me to get released. I would quit immediately if I didn't need to stay on health insurance for my wife and I.

I am looking for something else. Please pray a good enough fit comes sooner rather than later.

If there's any suggestions I would like to hear them.

I know I am being selfish with everything else going on in the world but my head is in a very bad place right now.

Sincerely,

Charlie

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 16919 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nock
Contributor 2007
Member # 116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nock   Author's Homepage   Email Doc Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude,

Y'know from out prior contacts I wish the best. Sent you a note. I think 'gut feelings' have validity at least in my experience, so best wishes.

Trust in God's will for you... not easy when bills need paid, but if it were easy, everyone would do it as they say.

I wish you well.

Keep the Son in your eyes!

--------------------
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Posts: 13315 | From: Greene County, TN | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Dente
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al Dente   Email Al Dente   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charlie, prayers sent. I have been there, and I can clearly remember the night that I came home and discussed "the final straw" with my wife. I asked for my money from the contractor I was working for, and I knew it would be hard, but I never looked back. Being a part of union, I knew I would get work, but it was during a very tough time. I was out of work for 51 weeks, 4 days, and 5 hours, just about there to lose all of my bennies, but I got a job.
During that period on "unemployment" I had the good fortune to have a friend in woodshop, and being handy, helped me out. I am currently employed with a different contractor for 6 years and I can honestly say, I enjoy going to work every day. Same electrical work, same tools, just different people.
I will pray hard for you brother, I know how you feel, and the knotted up feeling in your stomach. May God grace you with the strength to get through this, and bless you with better days ahead.

--------------------
President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Posts: 1391 | From: New York | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keefer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keefer   Author's Homepage   Email Keefer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know how you feel as well and been there several times.Ask God to help you make the right decision and have the "Faith" he will provide you the answer and believe it !
Trust Him and have patients He is providing you the direction you need to go.
Not sure what you do for a living but jobs are hard to find with benefits anymore and not a lot of 40 hour work weeks with any overtime. I have had jobs where they cut people out and load several jobs on one person to save money and it stress's the employee to the point they have health problems or plain out Quit the job.
Not like the old days when jobs were plenty but think of all the things you can do and look in those area's and see if there are any available jobs near you.
I see more and more folks that don't work and live like Kings and are able to work but rather mooch off what I pay in tax's and it makes my blood boil seeing them get benefits for sitting on a couch and rob people at night.
I can't stand seeing a lazy person rob from those who put in the system and work every day and have nothing when they fall on hard times.
Sounds to me you are looking for a job less stressful and wanting to work and I will pray as well that God shows you and directs you on the right path.
God Bless and keep the Faith!

Posts: 4085 | From: Hurlock Maryland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the responses. I certainly believe this week will be the week something happens. I will either be let go or resign. It my be a forced resignation. Either way, I will be ok, just need to get through this time.

I have been losing weight and desire to do things. I have been a little short tempered and moody at times. People who know me, know this isn't in my nature. I have been emotional at times and know in my heart its time to move on.

I do have an interview tomorrow, I am hoping it goes well. The job will be a difficult one physically but I believe stress wise, It will be better.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
NY Bowhunters

Posts: 16919 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keefer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keefer   Author's Homepage   Email Keefer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got you in my prayers Charlie [pray]
Posts: 4085 | From: Hurlock Maryland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danny Rowan
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danny Rowan   Email Danny Rowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No prayer request in my mind is selfish. You have my prayers for a fitting outcome. The Lord will provide, never forget that.

--------------------
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Posts: 7889 | From: Guam | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nock
Contributor 2007
Member # 116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nock   Author's Homepage   Email Doc Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They like to try to "FORCE" you to resign, even in
At Will employment states, they have to show just cause to deny you unemployment, unless you quit.

Were it me (Easy to say) I'd call their bluff and if they tell you to resign, say, "no, fire me and lets see where the chips fall, or lay me off and lets avoid all the drama!"

Damned if I'd make it easier on them!

--------------------
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Posts: 13315 | From: Greene County, TN | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Thanks Fellas. Doc, I was given the option and accepted resignation. On a plus note, I saw it coming and have already arranged 3 interviews this week.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
NY Bowhunters

Doc Nock
Contributor 2007
Member # 116

YOur call, brother. Best wishes! I hated Unemployment, but finances dictated some sort of safety net.

I'm sure you will do well. Now get your mental and physical health back without the unneeded stress!

--------------------

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cyclic-Rivers:
Thanks Fellas. Doc, I was given the option and accepted resignation. On a plus note, I saw it coming and have already arranged 3 interviews this week.

Good luck on those interviews Charlie!
[archer]

Posts: 2264 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
still hoping to hear soon that you have found a new position that you will really enjoy. Most of us have had jobs that were not satisfying, and usually something better does come along, even if it takes a while. Hang tough! The prayers will be answered.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4740 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Dente
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al Dente   Email Al Dente   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck Charlie. Hope you are feeling better without the pressure of "having to go back there" lurking in your head every night when you lay down. God Bless!

--------------------
President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Posts: 1391 | From: New York | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Its been nice to go bowhunting and enjoy my surroundings. interviews have been going well but so far no good fits.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
NY Bowhunters

Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

This weekend, I get to spend it hunting with my dad and brother. I will help them hang some hunting stands and then we will hunt. There's a 70 percent chance of rain so basically 100 percent chance I will get wet.

I look forward to hanging around the cabin playing cribbage and talking stupid.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
NY Bowhunters

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©