JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » HIGHLIGHTS 2017 » Virginia Doe (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Virginia Doe
Nook
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nook   Email Nook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was able to take this old gal last Wed. evening. She tipped the scales at 99 pounds dressed. 126 pounds live weight. Good size for this area. I took her with my ACS 57lb at 29.5, Gold tip 300 with a D&M cresting and fletch. Tipped off with a 200gr single bevel Gizzly. She only made it 40 yards. This is how I found her. If you look closely you can see the exit wound near her elbow. Very little blood due to it pooling in her arm pits. I had to follow pug marks to trail her.

-

Jeff

--------------------
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Posts: 1120 | From: Charlottesville, Va | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAM E. STEPHENS   Email SAM E. STEPHENS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done sir , Congrats....

,,,Sam,,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Posts: 2727 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Denbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Denbow   Email Jack Denbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go Jeff.
Jack

--------------------
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Posts: 1623 | From: Nowhere, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrushWolf
Contributor 2016
Member # 24340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrushWolf   Email BrushWolf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats

--------------------
Kids who hunt, trap, & fish don't mug little old ladies.

Posts: 1365 | From: OHIO | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cool Springer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cool Springer   Email Cool Springer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Jeff.
I do have a question. Being you like to hunt in rugged country, and get there early so as to beat the crowds, how did you manage to get that big girl out of the woods?

--------------------
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 62 @ 29
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 53 @ 29
Foley Longbow 53 @ 30
Foley Recurve 56 @ 29

Posts: 292 | From: Charlottesville, VA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kopper1013
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kopper1013   Email Kopper1013   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! Great shooting

--------------------
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Posts: 1213 | From: New York | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stujay
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stujay   Email stujay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup]
Posts: 2436 | From: Northern Idaho | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom
2017 Contributor
Member # 2405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom   Email Tom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good going Nook-way to start the season.

--------------------
If you think you can or think you can't-you're right.

Posts: 3115 | From: Grottoes,Virginia, Shenandoah Valley | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nook
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nook   Email Nook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool Springer... Glad you asked. I called on hunting friends to help me drag her out. I'm grateful for your help. As to getting there early , Our friend Travis had hunted the spot, Morning and evening the day before. I am indebted to his dragging abilities and permission to hunt the area. At age 60 with no ACL in my left knee. I would have been pressed to retrieve the doe without quartering her out. But again, My thanks to you.... [Not Worthy]

--------------------
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Posts: 1120 | From: Charlottesville, Va | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friend
2017 Contributor
Member # 15967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friend   Email Friend   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done...

--------------------
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Posts: 6655 | From: Hanson, KY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TIM B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TIM B   Email TIM B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Attaboy!
Tim B

Posts: 645 | From: MO | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe ashton
Contributor 2013
Member # 11463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe ashton   Email joe ashton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good job..

--------------------
Joe Ashton,D.C.
pronghorn long bow 54#
black widow long bow 55#
21 century long bow 55#
big horn recurve 58#

Posts: 4264 | From: colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Warden609
Contributor 2017
Member # 9279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Warden609   Author's Homepage   Email Warden609   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]
Posts: 2652 | From: Kentucky | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on your doe!!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11891 | From: Sonora, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Ed
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Ed   Email Big Ed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go Jeffro!

--------------------
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Posts: 7020 | From: Morgantown, PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©