INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN MOVED TO PBS 2017 BIDDING FORUM 3.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017 » PBS 2017 LISTING FORUM » 1/2 Dozen Easton Legacy 2020s- In Memory of Jerry Pierce - 3

Author Topic: 1/2 Dozen Easton Legacy 2020s- In Memory of Jerry Pierce - 3
Hawkeye
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 662

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Hawkeye   Email Hawkeye   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Up for auction to benefit PBS- 1/2 Dozen Easton Legacy Aluminum Arrow Shafts in Size 2020. That's the short of it. If you want to know the long of it, please keep reading... (If not, just bid!)

-
2020 Legacy Shafts- Note: Choctaw recurve NOT included! [Roll Eyes]

-

There are some tremendous people in traditional archery, a handful of scoundrels (they usually don't stick around very long), and some true legends.

Among those at the very top of the latter group, in my opinion, was and is the late Jerry Pierce. Jerry was famous in the international trad community for his integrity, his class, and for his unmatched ability in building the Choctaw recurve, "The Bow That Money Can't Buy". He has been gone for 18 years, and I still think of him fondly every week. It has surprised me to realize that after this much time has passed, that there are many serious people in our sport who have never heard of him.

I had the privilege of knowing Jerry well. We hunted together. He drank coffee at my kitchen table and teased my kids. I watched as he crafted bows. He was a close friend.

Jerry loved his wife Bettie, hunting with a recurve bow, and the Professional Bowhunter Society. He also loved, or at least greatly preferred, 2020 aluminum shafts for all his hunting.

I bought Easton Legacy 2020 shafts at his suggestion, and am donating the last six I own to help the PBS, and organization that meant SO much to him.

Easton Legacy shafts have swaged tapered nock ends to allow the use of glue on nocks. They are finished in a faux woodgrain and have printed-on four footed foreshafts. Straightness is guaranteed +/- .002". These are new full length shafts, with no inserts included.

If these shafts donated in Jerry's memory bring $50 for the organization he loved, I will pay the shipping. (If not, buyer pays)

If you didn't know Jerry and would like to read a little bit about him, here is a great memorial written by our mutual friend, the late (and fellow legend!) Dean Torges: http://bowyersedge.com/jerry.html

RIP, Jerry. I miss you, my friend. Here's to the PBS...

[ November 16, 2017, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: Terry Green ]

--------------------
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Posts: 1858 | From: Central Illinois | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©