Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Dark Continent » Africa...it does not have to be expensive! (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Africa...it does not have to be expensive!
elktalker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elktalker   Email elktalker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trophy fees? anybody have a list of animal prices, or even a web site of a good inexpencive guide.

--------------------
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Posts: 203 | From: Hillsboro, Oregon | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BUFF
Contributor 2012
Member # 6577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUFF   Author's Homepage   Email BUFF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trophy Pricelist

Baboon $ 100
Blesbuck $ 350
Blesbuck white $ 750
Blue Duiker $ 950
Bontebok $ 2560
Buffalo Cape $ POR
Bushbuck $ 950
Bushpig $ 350
Common Reedbuck $ 950
Eland $ 2250
Fallow Deer $ 850
Gemsbuck $ 1200
Grey Duiker $ 350
Giraffe $ 3000
Impala $ 350
Jackal $ 100
Klipspringer $ 1250
Kudu up to 55' $ 1950
Kudu 55' and over $ POR
Lechwe $ 3000
Leopard $ POR
Nyala $ 2800
Oribi $ 900
Ostrich $ 700
Redbuck Common $ 950
Sable $ POR
Springbuck common $ 350
Springbuck black $ 950
Springbuck white $ 1350
Steenbuck $ 350
Suni $ 3000
Red Hartebeest $ 1000
Warthog $ 350
Waterbuck $ 1800
Wildebeest Blue $ 900
Wildebeest Black $ 900
Zebra Burchells $ 1250

Posts: 1103 | From: HALLSVILLE TEXAS | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2wfstlhunting
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2wfstlhunting   Email 2wfstlhunting   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have said it all over the place, but will repeat it here, particularly after seeing the trophy fees above: Check out Makalaan ranch in Namibia. You will be pleased at what you see.

Steve

--------------------
Leon Stewart Deflex/Reflex Mahogany and bamboo 62" 53#@27.5"
Wes Wallace Royal Cocobola and Myrtle 62" 57#@27.5
JD Berry Renaissance 62" 60#28"
Bear Grizzly 1960 62" 46# @ 28"
Blacktail Columbia 62" Rosewood and Myrtle 55# at 28"

Posts: 224 | From: newtown pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jonsimoneau
Contributor 2016
Member # 1224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jonsimoneau   Email jonsimoneau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, to those of you looking into hunting in Africa, I implore you to look at Namibia. I have been to South Africa twice and Namibia once. South Africa has a wider variety of species but is much more civilized. If you want to hunt "way out there" in truely remote country consider Namibia. The next time I go to Africa, it will be with Allan Cilliars. However, if you want to go to South Africa, You cannot go wrong with Driess Visser safaries. They are top notch.
Posts: 3108 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cmalone1
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cmalone1   Email Cmalone1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ONe day i hope to head to africa!! but for now i'll stay in the cont. US...maybe to alaska soon!!
Posts: 437 | From: Gray, TN | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CB
Member # 17397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CB   Email CB       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. I went there with my dad on an auction hunt and came home with 4 animals and the whole thing was around $9k.

One bit of advice is that when hunting with the stickbow your opportunities may be limited. For example, if you have your heart set on a Kudu and you don't get one then when you get home you'll be wishing you had shot that big waterbuck or other animal that you passed up.

Bottom line, be flexible...

Posts: 19 | From: Washington | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meangene1969
Contributor 2014
Member # 15656

Icon 1 posted      Profile for meangene1969   Email meangene1969   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im saving as we speak, I really want to go to Africa

--------------------
TBoT Life Member
LSBA Member
ASA Member

Posts: 78 | From: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razorsharptokill
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razorsharptokill   Email razorsharptokill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I AM going! This August 2017.

Money is just something you have traded your limited time on this earth for.

The only way you really see any return on it is to go spend it on spending time doing what you love.

--------------------
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
Oklahoma Army National Guard 88-89
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
Oklahoma Air National Guard 2002- present. O.I.F. 2005 and 2007
Operation New Dawn 2011

Posts: 3496 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©