Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Dark Continent » African Lion with BW recurve (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: African Lion with BW recurve
bsoper
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bsoper   Email bsoper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I lived in Africa for a few years. Since I have moved back to the states I have always wanted to go back and go bow hunting on a safari. This was a great story. I don't think I would be able to shoot a lion, they are just too majestic to me. I would like to go for some other species though.

--------------------
~Brock

Posts: 187 | From: Utah | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stickandstring
2017 Contributor
Member # 4962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stickandstring   Email stickandstring   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Certainly, the king of beasts. Your story made me feel I was there.
Posts: 979 | From: northern virginia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe ashton
Contributor 2013
Member # 11463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe ashton   Email joe ashton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
out standing

--------------------
Joe Ashton,D.C.
pronghorn long bow 54#
black widow long bow 55#
21 century long bow 55#
big horn recurve 58#

Posts: 4131 | From: colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
huntsman247
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 29373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for huntsman247   Email huntsman247   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW, Amazing......
Posts: 139 | From: Washington | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SheltonCreeker
Contributor 2014
Member # 31787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheltonCreeker   Email SheltonCreeker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a thread. Regardless of where the animal was killed I still think it is cool to see a pic of that animal taken with traditional equipment. As far as the rest of the thread....no comment.

--------------------
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Posts: 1228 | From: Dahlgren Illinois | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anw0625
Contributor 2014
Member # 19278

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anw0625   Email anw0625   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is one heck of a story. I love those German Kinetics!

--------------------
Stalker Coyote LongBow
Habu DeathAdder
German Kinetics "German Made"
Black Eagle Rampage

Posts: 411 | From: Atlanta, Ga | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hit-or-Miss
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hit-or-Miss   Email Hit-or-Miss   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GREAT story and pics! Lion with a Recurve... I am green with envy! That must have got the blood pumping hot & fast. Thank you for sharing Sir!
Posts: 702 | From: Maine | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wasapt
Contributor 2017
Member # 10125

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wasapt   Email wasapt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great story and hunt! Congrats!
Posts: 717 | From: lubbock, tx | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brohymn2
Contributor 2017
Member # 38691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brohymn2   Email brohymn2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That story was really inspiring
Posts: 73 | From: edmonton alberta | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©