Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Dark Continent » Elephant hunt is ON need arrow help (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Elephant hunt is ON need arrow help
Horne Shooter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horne Shooter   Email Horne Shooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't wait to read about it!

--------------------
Live every day like its your last, one day you'll be right.

Posts: 545 | From: Boerne, Texas | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BUFF
Contributor 2012
Member # 6577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUFF   Author's Homepage   Email BUFF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Videos

I broke them into 3 parts to help them load
Hope you enjoy.
As often happens it is hard to capture the excitment of the moment with the camera but you can take my word. I was maxed out
first day
http://www.buffsblackwidow.com/videos/day%201%20elephant%20uploadable.wmv

the shot
http://www.buffsblackwidow.com/videos/elephantkillfinalHQ.wmv

Tuff broadhead tests
http://www.buffsblackwidow.com/videos/ELEPenatrationtestsuploadable.wmv

Posts: 1103 | From: HALLSVILLE TEXAS | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
H1tman7
2017 Contributor
Member # 36325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for H1tman7   Email H1tman7   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Buff,
Now I'm feending to go back to Africa, thanks for that!

I have a start on the big 5, a cape buff, but that was with training wheels... Now I'm dreaming of heading over there with the longbow!

Posts: 113 | From: Overland Park Kansas | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kestimator
Contributor 2015
Member # 19093

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kestimator   Email kestimator   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marty,

I'll repeat myself here...having already commented on another forum....

I admire your courage!!!
Congrats for following a dream to fruition! No matter the weight of the ivory...the value of the adventure is immeasurable!!

Congrats and well done sir!!!

Mr. Fred and Mr. Hill would be proud!

Sincerely,
Kevin

--------------------
Have a nice day!
Kevin

Posts: 871 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friend
2017 Contributor
Member # 15967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friend   Email Friend   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Such an adrenalin pumping unique experience.

Congrats and thanks for sharing.

--------------------
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Posts: 6148 | From: Hanson, KY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jonsimoneau
Contributor 2016
Member # 1224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jonsimoneau   Email jonsimoneau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unreal! Way to go after your dreams Marty!
Posts: 3095 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blessed One
Contributor 2015
Member # 15835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blessed One   Email Blessed One   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing accomplishment congratulations Marty!!!!

--------------------
65# Toelke Whip. Yes I am a whipped man!

Posts: 192 | From: Brandon, Mississippi | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Longbowz
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Longbowz   Email Longbowz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buff,

Now that you have had a little time to relax (I hope!) what's your opinion on broadheads for large dangerous game? Would you still choose German Kinetic for game like Water or Cape buffalo, or would you now prefer the Tuffheads?

--------------------
I find the older I get, the less I used to know!

Posts: 396 | From: Washington (wetside) | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BUFF
Contributor 2012
Member # 6577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUFF   Author's Homepage   Email BUFF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really was impressed with the Tuffhead. It would be my first choice
Posts: 1103 | From: HALLSVILLE TEXAS | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Longbowz
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Longbowz   Email Longbowz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks

--------------------
I find the older I get, the less I used to know!

Posts: 396 | From: Washington (wetside) | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevsurf
Member # 30310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kevsurf   Email kevsurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buff,
Have you seen last months bowhunter magazine? Dennis Kamstra on 'Tips from the old guy' talks about hardwood shafts available spined up to 120# and weights of 850 grains bare. His email is SafariDen@aol.com. (He runs a tradbow guy service out of R.S.A).

Kevin Forrester

Posts: 20 | From: Washington State | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
greenfish13
Member # 39291

Icon 1 posted      Profile for greenfish13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what do you do with an entire elephant though, that's gotta be way to much meat to eat, with an animal that big is the meat any good?
Posts: 37 | From: Idaho | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KOOK68
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KOOK68     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by greenfish13:
what do you do with an entire elephant though, that's gotta be way to much meat to eat, with an animal that big is the meat any good?

I'm pretty sure most of the meat is donated to the village
Posts: 501 | From: New Iberia LA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak213
Member # 40187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ak213     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on a hunt of a lifetime!

--------------------
ak

Posts: 42 | From: Wyo | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BUFF
Contributor 2012
Member # 6577

quote:
Originally posted by greenfish13:

no a bite of the elephant was wasted. Ladies came from miles around with buckets to carry it away
 -

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©