Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Dark Continent » Mozambique Elephant Videos (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Mozambique Elephant Videos
BUFF
Contributor 2012
Member # 6577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUFF   Author's Homepage   Email BUFF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Videos

I broke them into 3 parts to help them load
Hope you enjoy.
As often happens it is hard to capture the excitment of the moment with the camera but you can take my word. I was maxed out
first day
http://www.buffsblackwidow.com/videos/day%201%20elephant%20uploadable.wmv

the shot
http://www.buffsblackwidow.com/videos/elephantkillfinalHQ.wmv

Tuff broadhead tests
http://www.buffsblackwidow.com/videos/ELEPenatrationtestsuploadable.wmv

Posts: 1103 | From: HALLSVILLE TEXAS | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rushlush
Contributor 2017
Member # 17859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rushlush   Email rushlush   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats again!!! And great videos as always.
Posts: 1663 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Old Chief
Contributor 2017
Member # 34354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Old Chief   Email Old Chief   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations again on your outstanding accomplishment and some very nice videos.
Posts: 516 | From: CA | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThePushArchery
SPONSOR
Member # 14520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThePushArchery   Email ThePushArchery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing Buff. Simply Amazing.

--------------------
"The Push - A Traditional Archery Film"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=1E1vKkSSoNs

@thepusharchery

Podcast - "The Push - A Traditional Archery Podcast" iTunes Podbean Stitcher

https://www.thepusharchery.com

Posts: 1350 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAVIOUR68
Contributor 2015
Member # 35651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAVIOUR68   Email SAVIOUR68   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Buff, was the elephant broadside to you when you shot, camera angle looked like he was quartering towards you. I know you said you got 12in of penetration and rib on the kill shot, when you did your testing on the dead elephant you had complete penetration.
Posts: 461 | From: UNITED STATES OF TEXAS | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
STEVE R.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for STEVE R.   Email STEVE R.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marty, you are the Man. That was really a great piece of film. Congrats on your fine kill.
Posts: 305 | From: LAFAYETTE,LA. | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DoubleB20
Member # 23448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DoubleB20   Email DoubleB20   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Buff! I just keep watching those videos in awe. What an adventure!
Posts: 34 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soonerlongbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soonerlongbow   Email Soonerlongbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!

--------------------
PSE Legacy 55@28

US Army MP 2000-'08

Posts: 575 | From: OK | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BUFF
Contributor 2012
Member # 6577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUFF   Author's Homepage   Email BUFF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SAVIOUR68:
Congrats Buff, was the elephant broadside to you when you shot, camera angle looked like he was quartering towards you. I know you said you got 12in of penetration and rib on the kill shot, when you did your testing on the dead elephant you had complete penetration.

No he was pretty much broadside.
I think the deflecting off a rib is what slowed the penetration

Posts: 1103 | From: HALLSVILLE TEXAS | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Vines
Contributor 2015
Member # 7379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Vines   Email Mike Vines   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing Marty. Thank you for taking us along.

--------------------
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Posts: 5338 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wislnwings
Contributor 2016
Member # 7382

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wislnwings   Email wislnwings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on living the dream.
Posts: 1085 | From: Willow Spring, NC | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
juneaulongbow
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 382

Icon 1 posted      Profile for juneaulongbow   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats. Is there no sound?
Posts: 577 | From: Hutto, Texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeerBacon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeerBacon   Email DeerBacon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats! [Not Worthy]

--------------------
" I got a new bow for my wife, It was the best trade I ever made! "

Posts: 204 | From: Iowa | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruinman
Contributor 2017
Member # 36891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruinman   Email bruinman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huge congrats!!
Posts: 1168 | From: SC | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Green
Contributor 2016
Member # 25862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Green   Email Green   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just incredible. Congrats on your success!!

--------------------
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Posts: 3365 | From: Kempner, TX | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©