Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Dark Continent » anyone plan a hunt for 2014 or 2015 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: anyone plan a hunt for 2014 or 2015
jtwalsh62
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jtwalsh62   Email jtwalsh62   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was just wondering if anyone had plans on booking a hunt

--------------------
jt walsh
be still and listen

Posts: 867 | From: chapel hill, tn | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rbcorbitt
Contributor 2016
Member # 35446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rbcorbitt   Email rbcorbitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jt,

Looking into an opportunity for either '14 or '15 in RSA, Limpopo area. I'll be glad to share any information that I get with you.

--------------------
"I would rather be amongst forest animals and the sounds of nature, then amongst city traffic and the noise of man" - A.D. Williams

Posts: 1560 | From: Roanoke, VA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2wfstlhunting
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2wfstlhunting   Email 2wfstlhunting   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been my requisite 4 years since I was last there, and the itch is growing as it did before. I am looking at 2014 in August and will have to decide pretty soon what and where I want to go. RSA for bushbuck and then probably Namibia for the rest but not an easy combo. Now I just have to figure how to do it just what adventure I want to have this time around. Maybe one with night hunting for predators. Now that sounds interesting.

--------------------
Leon Stewart Deflex/Reflex Mahogany and bamboo 62" 53#@27.5"
Wes Wallace Royal Cocobola and Myrtle 62" 57#@27.5
Blacktail 62" longbow takedown 53#/57# B & W ebony
Bear Grizzly 1960 62" 46# @ 28"
Blacktail Columbia 62" Rosewood and Myrtle 55# at 28"

Posts: 233 | From: newtown pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BUFF
Contributor 2012
Member # 6577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUFF   Author's Homepage   Email BUFF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want a Leopard for 2014 but have not found anything I can afford yet
Posts: 1103 | From: HALLSVILLE TEXAS | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rushlush
Contributor 2017
Member # 17859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rushlush   Email rushlush   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buff, I'm waiting on some info for a place that offers leopards in Namibia. I have there older price list and it seems reasonable. I'll let you know when I get there new one. It's supposedly bowhunting only.
Posts: 1663 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BUFF
Contributor 2012
Member # 6577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUFF   Author's Homepage   Email BUFF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks
Posts: 1103 | From: HALLSVILLE TEXAS | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Prairie Drifter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Prairie Drifter   Author's Homepage   Email Prairie Drifter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going in August, but am planning one for next year or '15

--------------------
Maddog Bows (16)
Rocky Mnt Recurves(2)
Sierra Blanca Bows (2)
Mike B.

Posts: 1217 | From: Montana | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flatshooter
2017 Contributor
Member # 10184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flatshooter   Email Flatshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going to NF for moose next year but real interested in the dark continent for 2015. Any of you guys interested in taking your wives along? I'd love to make this trip with my wife who is not a hunter.
Posts: 2930 | From: Eagleville, TN, | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brent Hill
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brent Hill   Email Brent Hill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flat shooter, just take her. She will have a blast even if she doesn't sit with you. I'm taking my third trip over to africa in 2014 to Namibia this time. (First 2trips to to South Africa with Matlabas Game Hunters. Great place). My wife loved both trips and hunted the second time with a rifle on the adjacent concession. As with every hunting trip that I take with her and now my 9yr. Daughter now, I usually plan for 5to 6 days of hunting and about the same time for excursions to local sights and game parks. I thought I was doing the right thing and letting my wife take in the views and such while I I thought about the monster wildabeast I took days before. I thought the sights would be okay but that I would really just enjoy the hunting....I was wrong. Spend 1 early morning looking over blide's river canyon where the river of happiness and sadness meet and you will be changed forever. My wife and I got there before sunrise and drank coffee while dangling our feet over a 500 ft cliff. It was amazing. I can wait to see the bushman with my family next year. It just makes hunting and life that much better. Bhill
Posts: 407 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flatshooter
2017 Contributor
Member # 10184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flatshooter   Email Flatshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds great Brent! We are starting to look at Africa for 2015. I'll check out Matlabas Game Hunters. Thanks again!!
Posts: 2930 | From: Eagleville, TN, | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brent Hill
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brent Hill   Email Brent Hill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll love em. Wilham and Flippy are father son bowhunting team that really treat you to a good honest bowhunt. Wilhelm handles the excursions as well and you will want for nothing. They usually attend the Dallas safari club show each January and Flippy usually comes to our lease in west texas to hunt for a bit. If you need any info, just hollar. Bhill
Posts: 407 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flatshooter
2017 Contributor
Member # 10184

Thanks again buddy! Got a NF moose hunt booked for 2014. The plan is for Africa in 2015. I'll be in touch as we get closer. Stay well, Michael
tukudu
Contributor 2014
Member # 2768

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tukudu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael have you found a reasonable hunt for moose as I have a couple of friends who are interested. Let me tom

--------------------
"Brothers of the flaming arrow"

Posts: 1167 | From: Evergreen Colorado | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flatshooter
2017 Contributor
Member # 10184

Hey Tom, I'm booked with Conne River Outfitters for a 6 day 1x1 fly-in hunt in 2014. I will be hunting with two other guys from this site. We will be sharing the camp with two wheelie hunters who booked separately. Our hunt will be from Sept 28-Oct 6. I've been researching outfitters for some time and these guys came out as one of the best with great references and a high success rate. Hunt is not cheap ($5250) but that seems to be the prevailing rate among reputable outfitters. There may be some spots in another camp if your buddies are interested. Let me know and I'll send a phone # for Dave McDonald, the pilot and outfitter. Good to hear from you, Michael
Flatshooter
2017 Contributor
Member # 10184

Hey Tom,
I am booked with Conne River Outfitters in NF for 2014. I recently created a directory for guys to contact one another regarding hunts they'd like to take or ones they've booked already and would like company on. I will be going with two guys from this site and two wheelie hunters who booked on their own. This is a 6 day fly-in hunt, 1x1. We will be hunting from Sept 28-Oct 6. Our camp is full but there is another site available according to my last conversation with the outfitter

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©