Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Dark Continent » Namimba calling... (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Namimba calling...
jeanpaul3006
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeanpaul3006   Email jeanpaul3006   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats and exceptional shot on such a small target.Beautiful steenbok. I agree that african game are tough!!
Posts: 631 | From: ste agathe manitoba canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That steenbok looks huge! Awesome stalking, awesome shooting! Sorry about the lost warty, but it happens.

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6048 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Kidner
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al Kidner   Email Al Kidner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is true Ben and as it is said...no one has ever hunted who has not lost an animal. Again it just hi lights how tough African animals are, even when hit well...if its not perfect then it just won't do.

--------------------
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Posts: 2250 | From: Mackay,QLD, Australia. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Kidner
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al Kidner   Email Al Kidner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a pic of me and my Tracker Thomas on a very chilly African morning... it was -2C just as the sun broke for the day...brrrrr!

-

This morning we opted to try our luck at a new blind and and wait to see if a good Gembok would come in as I've always wanted to hunt Gemsbok. We waited till lunch then just before we planned to move out this happened...

-

I hit this fella right in the sweet spot this time and my arrow blew through both shoulders. He took off at a run and was piled up about 60m from where I hit him...and... bled less than the first Hog that I hit and lost! Work that out?!

--------------------
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Posts: 2250 | From: Mackay,QLD, Australia. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Kidner
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3399

With the 'Hero' pics taken it was back to the camp for a lunch time meal and maybe a little snoze.

That afternoon it was back to the same blind again in search of Gemsbok. But...alas, I could not pass up another Warthog...

-

--------------------

Al Kidner
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3399

I would have liked to have hunted Kudu, Gemsbok and even a good blue wilderbest but due to only having 6 full days hunting and the quality of ethics on hand where we hunted not everything is a given and thats why I'll be returning in 2015. But longer this time!

Thanks guys for the kind comments. I am missing Africa already...

ak.

--------------------

Blaino
2017 Contributor
Member # 7866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blaino   Email Blaino   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good stuff Al! [thumbsup] You have lived the dream of me and many others. Congratulations.

--------------------
"It's not the trophy ,but the race. It's not the quarry ,but the chase."

Posts: 1359 | From: West Columbia, SC | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome pigs, mate! And good luck on your return! How did the other guys do (maybe PM me if it involves talking about their rifle hunts)? How were kudu numbers on the property?

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6048 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Kidner
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3399

I will send you a PM tonight Ben

Cheers for the kind words guys...

Ak.

--------------------

wayoutwest
Contributor 2015
Member # 12996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wayoutwest   Email wayoutwest   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a huge steenbok mate well done I can't wait to get back over there.

--------------------
Wayoutwest

Posts: 190 | From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zipper bowss
SPONSOR
Member # 15052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zipper bowss   Author's Homepage   Email zipper bowss   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on your African trip, Al!! It is a special place. Treads like yours always remind me just how special. Thanks for sharing your adventure.
Bill

Did you see many Eland?

--------------------
www.zipperbows.com
www.grizzlybroadheads.com
TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Posts: 3074 | From: P.O. Box 275 Mt. Orab, OH 45154 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Kidner
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3399

Yes Bill but I did not really feel the need to drop the string on one for a number of reasons. Partly due holding out for a ice Gemsbok or Kudu.

As for my Steenbok... The PH said he would go Gold Medal in the Namibian record books with 4 1/2 inch horns but he could have had 2 inch horns for all that it mattered as these guys are so hard to hunt on foot as they are way down the food change as even large eagles pray on them so stalking them is rather difficult.

--------------------

Missouri Sherpa
SPONSOR
Member # 7803

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Missouri Sherpa   Author's Homepage   Email Missouri Sherpa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Al,

Looking good. Congrats on a successful hunt.

John Berger

--------------------
JDB

mulecreek.co

Posts: 846 | From: Des Moines, Iowa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Kidner
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3399

G'day John,

Was only thinking of you guys the other day. I trust all are well my far off friend and that your getting your fill of "Makers"..?

--------------------

amar911
Contributor 2013
Member # 15808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amar911   Email amar911   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you, Al. Good hunting, and good shooting on your part. Glad to see you finally made it over there. I know you have been planning an African safari for a long time. The first one is always very special, but subsequent ones are wonderful too.

Allan

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 3231 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©