Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Dark Continent » PH trampled by elephant (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: PH trampled by elephant
Trad Lad
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trad Lad   Email Trad Lad   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see on the Huff Post that a PH, Ian Gibson, was trampled to death by a charging bull elephant. I was saddened by the comments from the people. Hundreds, happy that the PH was trampled, making jokes, and cheering on the elephant. I know there are people who hate hunting, but wasn't aware of the degree of some.
I will admit that some are being angered by the way some of the animals are displayed after death. I saw a recent one of a young lady standing on a downed moose, cheering. I was always told to respect the animal taken and have felt that way for all. Sad to see.

--------------------
Richard "Pip" Pippenger

Posts: 254 | From: Goshen, indiana | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried, naïvely, on social media to explain the imperative of hunting, and received many wishes of my own death from an animal or otherwise.

Ian was a true hero of conservation. He played a large part in protecting rhinos from poachers, amongst many other things.

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6037 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trad Lad
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trad Lad   Email Trad Lad   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ben, I don't think you can reason with a person who wonders if the elephant took the man's teeth for a trophy, or hopes that the man is terrified and suffering horribly in his death. They also know nothing about conservation of any animals. Maybe they will win someday and there will be no animals, but they won't be blaming the hunters.

--------------------
Richard "Pip" Pippenger

Posts: 254 | From: Goshen, indiana | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newhouse114
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newhouse114   Author's Homepage   Email newhouse114   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course they will blame hunters. Idiots always fail to see their own shortcomings!
Posts: 499 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Frost
Contributor 2016
Member # 43292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Frost   Email Lady Frost   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone who experiences joy from another human's death-what does that say about them?

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of GA
North GA Traditional Archery Club
South GA Traditional Archery and Primitive Skills Club

Posts: 392 | From: Georgia | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, that is a sad deal. The crazies I just can't explain.

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11139 | From: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M60gunner
Contributor 2017
Member # 6337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M60gunner   Email M60gunner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I asked those people who hate mankind to please go play in traffic during rush hour. That way they will not be using up the Earth's resources.
Posts: 1870 | From: Sun City, Az. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
Contributor 2017
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To applaud ones death is ignorant.......you can't fix stupid!!

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15112 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't waste time trying to approach these people with fact or logic. They have made up their minds and will not listen to any other point of view. All we can do, unfortunately, is to defeat them politically to protect the rights of hunters. (Yes, it is a helluva note to need to inject a political view into the loss of a man's life.)

While these "humanitarians" cheer the death of the PH, the remainder of us will offer prayers and our condolences to his family and pray that common sense will somehow prevail.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4340 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trad Lad
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4044

Amen Sam, amen.

--------------------
Richard "Pip" Pippenger

Lady Frost
Contributor 2016
Member # 43292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Frost   Email Lady Frost   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second that amen.

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of GA
North GA Traditional Archery Club
South GA Traditional Archery and Primitive Skills Club

Posts: 392 | From: Georgia | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carbonflyr
2017 Contributor
Member # 22990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carbonflyr   Email carbonflyr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well said sam!
Posts: 612 | From: new york | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hunt it
Contributor 2015
Member # 1867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hunt it   Author's Homepage   Email hunt it   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$hit, this is very bad news, I hunted with Ian twice.It's been four years since I last saw him in Vegas. Ian was the resident PH in the Chewore North concession in Zim currently he was working for Chifuti Safaris. Damn good guy, sad day.
RIP Ian may the African Gods be good to you.
F... the bunny huggers! The elephants squish more of those damn bunny huggers with cameras every year than they ever do hunters. Bunny huggers make great fertilizer as they're full of green $hit!

--------------------
hunt it

Posts: 3704 | From: london,ontario,canada | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BUFF
Contributor 2012
Member # 6577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUFF   Author's Homepage   Email BUFF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really hated to hear about it.
Posts: 1103 | From: HALLSVILLE TEXAS | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Kidner
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al Kidner   Email Al Kidner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ian did more for animal conservation then any of those fools who cheer and glote about his death.

Tis a sad day when an animal is valued more than a human. More so when they are as over populated at Elephants are in some areas.

But, as we all know... PETA and the rest of those crazies know what they are doing and a prepping for when they take back the world for our furry friends.

--------------------
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Posts: 2222 | From: Mackay,QLD, Australia. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©