Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Dark Continent » PH trampled by elephant (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: PH trampled by elephant
mh2324
2017 Contributor
Member # 40003

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mh2324   Email mh2324   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is sad. I know nothing about African hunting, but I pray for his family. It's often hard to remember and more so to live out but Romans 12:14 is so important.

"Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them."

The context is obviously different, but I think it applies to many areas of our lives, especially in today's social/political climate.

Posts: 69 | From: Ohio | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goshawkin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goshawkin   Email Goshawkin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look up Bill Maher's video about it on Youtube, i'd love to knock that piece of $h!+ on his @$$!!!!
Posts: 1356 | From: connecticut | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bowwild
Contributor 2017
Member # 2347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bowwild   Author's Homepage   Email Bowwild   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is an absolute guarantee the intolerant hunter haters (they don't like wildlife as much as they hate us) will cheer this kind of tragedy. I've spent more time (in my past wildlife jobs) around these types than I ever wanted.

I found what unhinges them most is to refer to them as a "radical" in public. FYI. They have lost ground and hunters have gained it in terms of public opinion over the past 15 years. Much of that gain is due to the increase in deer populations and the damage they do to exotic flowers and shrubs (landscaping).

The closest they'll ever get to to "conservation" will be their computer screen or their bar mate's cocktail.

I was tempted to check out the anti posts but decided my doing so would do nothing but increase their "post hit numbers" and make me even more disappointed in my species.

Case in point: In June, 1997 the "Friends" wanted KY to abandon its plan to restore elk to the state because 10-15% per year would be taken by hunters. They would rather this native animal remain extinct in KY than for some of them to grace a hunter's dinner table. To these selfish people the "greater good" has no standing. The anti's lost and wildlife won. Today more than 10,000 elk roam 3,000,000 acres of Eastern KY. I drew my first tag (cow archery) for this year's season.

Sometimes, as a license buying and excise tax paying hunter, I resent carrying the conservation load for these folks. But as a perfect "man" once said, "forgive them because they know not what they do."

--------------------
If the mind wanders, so too will the arrow.

Member of various archery organizations.

Posts: 5842 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott E
Contributor 2017 - Assoc Sponsor
Member # 14415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott E   Author's Homepage   Email Scott E   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bowwild:
But as a perfect "man" once said, "forgive them because they know not what they do."

[clapper] well said

--------------------
Self reliance cannot be bought

Posts: 1076 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©