Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Dark Continent » ? About actually traveling to Africa

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ? About actually traveling to Africa
DXH
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 24079

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DXH   Email DXH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to go.. But with the current world situation, and the largely dominant radical Muslim and militant populations anyone hesitant to travel / not going?

--------------------
Ben Pearson Cougar 40#
PSE Black Hawk T/D 55#
Bamboo backed Osage Self bow 57#
Ivory Hunter 60#

Posts: 348 | From: Alabama | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danny Rowan
Contributor 2017
Member # 1321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danny Rowan   Email Danny Rowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to say I would not travel to anywhere in that part of the world now. South Africa may be ok but who knows.

--------------------
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993

Posts: 7695 | From: Guam | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hybridbow hunter
Contributor 2015
Member # 22270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hybridbow hunter   Email hybridbow hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Risk Is very low in southern Africa. Namibia, RSA, Zimbabwe are not really more dangerous to travel to, than past years.

--------------------
La critique est aisée mais l'art est difficile.

Posts: 512 | From: France | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PZee
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PZee   Email PZee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in South Africa. There are no Militant or Religious problems in any of the above mentioned countries. South Africa has some racial problems now as the elections are coming up. As soon as they're done, then it will be fine again. Travel to Southern Africa for sure..... [thumbsup]

--------------------
'Impi! wo 'nans' impi iyeza
Obani bengathinta amabhubesi?'

Posts: 278 | From: South Africa Baby!!!! | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ahve been to South Africa 3 times, and would not hesitate to go again (unless some event happened there to change my mind). I would really like to try Namibia next time.

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11128 | From: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bladepeek
Contributor 2017
Member # 24206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bladepeek   Email Bladepeek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going back to South Africa again (last time 2005) the first week of June. REALLY excited and looking forward to it. I have no reservations about traveling there.

--------------------
62" Blacktail Snakebit LH 38@28
60" Bear Super K 40#@28
66" Sparrow hawk LH 42@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62" Lost Creek Judge RH 44@28
52" Bear KMag LH 45@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 46/43@28

Posts: 3998 | From: Greenville, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calgarychef
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for calgarychef   Email calgarychef   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's way more dangerous for you to drive to work every day
Posts: 1228 | From: canada | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerrynocam
Member # 43690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerrynocam   Email Jerrynocam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just went last August to SA and would not hesitate to go again. When I went it was during the middle of all the lion stuff in the media and experienced no problems. When I got over there and talked to the locals I realized it all is a non issue there.
Posts: 7 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg Szalewski
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Szalewski   Email Greg Szalewski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not a worry. They know how to take care of the golden geese.

--------------------
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest Bowmen
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Posts: 1140 | From: Menomonee Falls, WI | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©