Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Abowyer, Inc.

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Dark Continent » Anyone familiar with this outfit?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone familiar with this outfit?
Rick Butler
Contributor 2016
Member # 7393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Butler   Email Rick Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.daretobowhunt.co.za/
My son finishes up school in a year or so and is interested in doing an African hunt.

--------------------
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 2308 | From: Swartz Creek & DeTour Village MI. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PZee
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PZee   Email PZee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rick,

I've heard very good reports about them. In actual fact they're probably the top bow only outfitter in South Africa.

"My Opinion" I don't like any outfitter that offers lion hunting in South Africa. Especially on any farm less than 10,000 acres.

--------------------
'Impi! wo 'nans' impi iyeza
Obani bengathinta amabhubesi?'

Posts: 278 | From: South Africa Baby!!!! | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Butler
Contributor 2016
Member # 7393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Butler   Email Rick Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Peter, appreciate the response.

--------------------
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 2308 | From: Swartz Creek & DeTour Village MI. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not hunted with daretobowhunt, but i have read several writeups from folks who have, and none of the stories had anything negative in them.

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11633 | From: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Butler
Contributor 2016
Member # 7393

Good to know, thanks Bisch.

--------------------
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

MedicineMan7
Member # 20617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MedicineMan7   Email MedicineMan7   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rick,
I've hunted with Lammie at Dare to Bowhunt the last two years (actually just got back last week).
We hunted in Zululand last year and in their Kimberly area this year with great results. Hunting was a little bit tougher this year as they had experienced a lot of rain about a month or so before we got there, so everything was very green. We still saw lots of animals, but many wouldn't come to water like they normally would do to the green conditions. If you have any questions at all, feel free to holler at me anytime.

Posts: 42 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Butler
Contributor 2016
Member # 7393

Thanks for the reply Shiloh. We're really looking into doing this in the next year or so.
I know another bow-hunter who just returned from Lammie's and had a pretty successful hunt. I'm hoping to run into him this weekend at Compton.
I very well may be contacting you in the future for more info.

--------------------
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Jerry Russell
Sponsor
Member # 2613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Jerry Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PM sent

--------------------
Guided hunts for Canada Bear and Georgia Bear,Turkey, Hogs, Alligator, Deer and African Plains Game. We specialize in traditional archery hunts.
Visit us at:
http://www.russelloutdoorguides.com

Posts: 1019 | From: Georgia/Quebec | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©