JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2004 » My Dad and I pull off an opening day Double!!!!! Story and Pics. added!!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: My Dad and I pull off an opening day Double!!!!! Story and Pics. added!!!
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As some of you guys might know,I have been watching a group of turkeys for 2 weeks now.Every morning!!!! Well things couldn't have gone any better.I killed my bird first with my bow,then within minutes my Dad killed his first turkey with a shotgun.This was his first time out..EVER!!!!

I will have the full story and pics. later on today.Right now...I need a nap [moon]

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17660 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legolas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legolas   Email Legolas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to you and your Dad! What a wonderful memory to have.

We are not worthy
[Not Worthy]
Paul

--------------------
Things seem to turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out-Art Linkletter

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are probably right-Henry Ford

Posts: 1222 | From: Athens, OH (Middle Earth) | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawn Leonard
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shawn Leonard   Email Shawn Leonard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool!! I was into birds, just nothing close!! Shawn

--------------------
Shawn

Posts: 14118 | From: N.Y | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ironman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 705

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ironman   Email Ironman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to you and your Dad.The memory will live for ever.
Posts: 240 | From: Clayton NC | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Huntrdfk
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Huntrdfk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome Curt. That's something I'm sure both of you will never forget.

Our season starts Monday, I'm itching to go.

David

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Associate Member

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Posts: 4774 | From: Somersworth, NH | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dano
Contributor 2009
Member # 748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dano   Author's Homepage   Email Dano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man that's awesome, sounds like a great hunt. [thumbsup] [bigsmyl]

--------------------
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Posts: 7519 | From: Nevada | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ber643
Contributor 2013
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ber643   Author's Homepage   Email ber643   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Outstanding , Guru - I know you are happier than a pig in a slop bucket but I'll bet your Dad is Delireous. As JG used to say, "How sweet it is!"

--------------------
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 21362 | From: S Coastal NC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Van/TX
Charter Member
Member # 312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Van/TX   Email Van/TX   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool [thumbsup] Waiting for pics [wavey] ....Van

--------------------
Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Posts: 5696 | From: Live Oak, Texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bayoulongbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bayoulongbowman   Email bayoulongbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Curt , the older ya get you will always remember this hunt....marco#78...thank the Good Lord...

--------------------
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had better be right!"

Posts: 12170 | From: Baton Rouge , La. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jock
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jock   Email Jock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent Curt!!
Hopefully it won't be too long before your son manages to kill his first bird in the company of his daddy.

Posts: 2234 | From: Scotland | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Ferret
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Ferret   Author's Homepage   Email the Ferret   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dang I hate some guys [Mad] [Wink]

Turkey season couldn't be going worse here.birds are tight lipped, we're not seeing anything..and then there's the RAIN!

Congrats Curt and Curt's papa [thumbsup]

Waiting for the pics and stories

--------------------
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Posts: 12891 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scooby
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scooby   Email Scooby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow how great can that be!!!!!!!!
I'm so happy for you and your dad did you guys do the turkey dance afterwards??

Ferret I know what you mean I see turkeys this year but they are all being tight lip. One flew by after the hunting time was up (Missouri you have to stop hunting turks at one) and I'm sure he was laughing REALLY.

Posts: 923 | From: Platte County, Missouri | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcoast
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lcoast   Email lcoast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hard to beat that Curt.

--------------------
=keith=

Busted chairs and broken dreams.

Posts: 2097 | From: Port Alberni, BC | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
herb haines
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for herb haines   Author's Homepage   Email herb haines   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
guru ,way to go . sure wished we had them here .

will the rain that Mickey is haveing affect hatching survival . know it does with the grouse here in NB rainy wet weather in June really cuts down on birds on the ground here in the fall -- herb

--------------------
"Heaven is just over the next ridge......"

Hello Darlin'

Posts: 4846 | From: New Brunswick , Canada | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sparta-T
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sparta-T   Email Sparta-T       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done, Curt. My short turkey season is done tomorrow and is a ditto of Mickey's lament. [Frown] As soon as they hit the ground they are silent and seem to be "henned up" to the max. I was out from 6am to almost 2pm today with only one hen seen, although I did see 5 deer. Figures doesn't it.........I see deer in the spring and turkeys in the fall at that location. [dntthnk]

Glad you made up for my sorry excuse of a turkey hunt. TL

--------------------
Doubt is a traitor that makes us lose what we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.
Shakespeare

Posts: 3279 | From: Sparta, MI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©