JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2004 » My Dad and I pull off an opening day Double!!!!! Story and Pics. added!!! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: My Dad and I pull off an opening day Double!!!!! Story and Pics. added!!!
ber643
Contributor 2013
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ber643   Author's Homepage   Email ber643   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only Fantastic , Curt!!! I'd be caryin' that head for the rest of my life - maybe around my neck.

--------------------
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 21373 | From: S Coastal NC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bayoulongbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bayoulongbowman   Email bayoulongbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TO ME THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST STORIES ON THE GANG....UR DAD AND YOU ! TREASURE THIS ONE! i LOVE IT! MARK#78 [thumbsup]

--------------------
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had better be right!"

Posts: 12170 | From: Baton Rouge , La. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ber643
Contributor 2013
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ber643   Author's Homepage   Email ber643   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey and our (my, anyway) first sight of the "blbm" as a bonus. Semper Fi, guy!

--------------------
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 21373 | From: S Coastal NC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
p8ntballnryan
***unregistered***

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
two birds within minutes of each other is awesome! now it's time for a turkey finger basket! [Big Grin] i can't wait to see some pics...very exciting!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Curt- looks like you did your homework and made it happen. [thumbsup] Kenny

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 11979 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Campbell
Assoc Sponsor - Charter Member
Member # 269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Campbell   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Holy Cow Buddy!!! Now that's awesome!!! [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [Not Worthy]

--------------------
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith
Doug's Photo Album,

Posts: 8940 | From: SW Montana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walkingstick
Charter Member
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Walkingstick   Email Walkingstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Curt, I am awake now and gave the pics time to load. Know the story now...Thanks and that arrowhead meant it was meant to be. Ought to make a necklace with the spurs and head...Mac~

--------------------
" I always hunt with two other companions even though I mostly hunt alone - God and my dad."
God's love is like an ocean..one can see the beginning but not the end.

Posts: 2270 | From: Westfield, PA-Potter County | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
STIKZ
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for STIKZ   Email STIKZ       Edit/Delete Post 
[bigsmyl] Congrats bro. i missed 2 big ole tom's on opening morning, but i still had a blast. It's a blessed thing to hunt with youre Dad, mine taught me all he knew about hunting while i was young, mostly quail hunting and squirrel hunting. He fueled a fire in me that has caught on in my 3 son's. I'd give anything to hunt with my Dad just once more but disease wont allow it , i'm 41yrs. old but i still miss my Daddy walking me through those swamps and fields and telling me about his childhood adventures in the woods,..ohyeah,..........nice birds [Not Worthy] buddy!! [Not Worthy]
Posts: 771 | From: GOLDSBORO NC | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank You to everyone.If I have ever had a better overall experience hunting,I certainly don't remember it.As time goes on it will just get sweeter and sweeter.Memories and pictures to cherish forever!

Timo, the most hens I've seen in all my scouting there was 5.There were those hens,three jakes,and 7 toms that I was consistantly seeing.

Snuffers....Good [Wink]

Mickey, I hope you don't get the impression that our turkeys here in N.Y. are pushovers.Far from the truth!!!! I go out of my way to find birds that are not being disturbed.Just like deer,when they aren't bothered too much,turkeys act like turkeys.The thing is,most of the time here there is always someone other clueless hunter around to screw things up.I was up at that spot at 5:30 every morning to not only watch the birds,but, to see if there was anyone else on to them.I had not seen a soul up there,but thought for sure somebody would be there opening day to stumble around in the dark.
I got lucky that nobody messed things up.

Kenny, yes the homework payed off...BIG TIME!!!!

Dad got a dose of real world turkey hunting today! Can't have him thinking it's always that easy [Wink]

Stikz, Thank you

[ February 26, 2007, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Terry Green ]

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17660 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meathook
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 67

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meathook   Author's Homepage   Email Meathook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, wish my opening day went as well.

Awesome [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

[Not Worthy]

--------------------
"Go ahead and run ya gotta sleep sometime." - Meathook's Mom

Posts: 4111 | From: Western NY | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildmanSC
Contributor 2016
Member # 115

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildmanSC   Email WildmanSC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Curt,

It is great to read about the awesome hunt that you was able to share with your Dad. Enjoy every hunt you can with him!

It is great to see, too, that you are healthy enough to hunt again after the near disaster during deer season! Take care friend!!

Bill

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Posts: 4432 | From: Seagrove, NC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hook, Thanks Bud

Bill, Ya know so much good has come from that terrible experience.Everything happens for a reason,I guess.It has certainly made me look at things a bit different.Every hunt now is a bit sweeter,and being able to share it with Dad is awesome!!!

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17660 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bayoulongbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bayoulongbowman   Email bayoulongbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Curt , We give the glory to God! This is my favorite story on here this year , hands down#1...love them double bull blinds! mark#78 [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had better be right!"

Posts: 12170 | From: Baton Rouge , La. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Killdeer
Contributor 2016
Member # 437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Killdeer   Author's Homepage   Email Killdeer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing short of magic, Curt. Couldn't happen to a nicer fellow, either. Glad that you got to share that magic with your dad. One of life's ultimate experiences, for sure.

Killdeer

--------------------
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 15439 | From: Fibber McGee's Closet, VA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Warren H. Womack
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Warren H. Womack   Author's Homepage   Email Warren H. Womack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Curt, What more can I add? A Great hunt that will always be a great memory, for you and your Dad.

Looks like you are really on a ROLL. Hang in there and enjoy all of the success, that you have worked so hard for.

I really enjoyed the story & pictures.

Warren

--------------------
>>>==Warren==>>>

Posts: 853 | From: Clinton, LA. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©