JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2004 » Birthday Bull

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Birthday Bull
Gun
Contributor 2015
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gun   Email Gun   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was my birthday and I like to take that day off work and go hunting. Sat a stand in the morning, but didn't see anything. Got down and sneaked around some. Went home and did some yard work and reorganized a shed. It was drizzling thruout the morning after I got back from the morning hunt. It let up a bit around 1 o clock. About two I went in for lunch. A half hour later the wife's little yappy muttly was barking at something outside. I went to the door and saw that she was barking at a Moose across our field. Thru some binoculars I saw that it was a Bull. After I got the dog in the house I went to the garage to change and grab my bow. When I came out the Bull was gone. I walked across the field and as I was going along a small slough finger that goes into the bush I saw him bedded, about 30 yds. away. I was able to get within 15 yds.(everything was quiet & damp) then snapped some small twigs to get him to stand. When he finally did his vitals were still covered by some brush. I needed him to take 2 more steps. Which he did and my arrow took him in the ribs. He went about 80 yds.
Sort of a non-typical with a split right beam and a bunch of drop tines.

-

65# Kempf Kwyk Styk, Wensel Woodsman

Happy Birthday to me!

[ October 19, 2004, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: the Ferret ]

--------------------
Proverbs 12:27

Posts: 989 | From: Alberta | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timo
Charter Member
Member # 180

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timo   Email Timo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way cool Gun! interesting horns on that one for sure!

Congrats, and happy birthday.

--------------------
(Enny o yuns know ware thu heart o a stumpytail izz??)

Posts: 4781 | From: Hickory co.Mo. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joseph
Contributor 2007
Member # 2732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joseph   Email Joseph   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! I was in Alberta last Oct hunting Moose and had a lot of fun. I am going to have to go back up there again and give it another try. Joseph

--------------------
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Posts: 1884 | From: Helena, Mt | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Campbell
Assoc Sponsor - Charter Member
Member # 269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Campbell   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright Gun one of those big rascals is on my list for someday!! Congrats!!

--------------------
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith
Doug's Photo Album,

Posts: 8940 | From: SW Montana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Ferret
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Ferret   Author's Homepage   Email the Ferret   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ME TOO DOUG!

Way to go Gun! Gosh those things are bruisers [Eek!] Congrats [thumbsup]

The-and people think it's cool that I get to see deer in the yard ha ha - Ferret

--------------------
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Posts: 12891 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Piper
Member # 2253

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Piper   Email Piper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off...Happy Birthday, sorry I missed it. [Wink]

Congrats on the bull. That little piece of heaven where you live seems to be paying off for you. A very nice deer and now a very nice bull. Great job.

Hope to talk to you soon

--------------------
My two cents worth

Gary

Posts: 74 | From: Edmonton, Alberta | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©