JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » How To - Resources » Daka rih' hon tye for Meathook (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Daka rih' hon tye for Meathook
Walkingstick
Charter Member
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Walkingstick   Email Walkingstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And now the Silent Messengers are ready to do their work and yes Calvin, a lot of Good Karma or Mojo goes with them. If Meathook misses a pig with everyone of them and has a wonderful experience the fun for me [Confused] has been worth it. The circle continues

-

-
They even look good in my Badger Skin Quiver with my Handle and my Driver on the strap. Can't have that though. That was made special for me by Mt. Mike's wife Marty.

-
.... Don here are your goodies . Will get them in the mail with a few more surprises by Tuesday the latest. Will emial you they are on the way..Priority Mail.Have a wonderful time and I am sure we will have to hear about it too...Your friend.....Mac~

[ March 12, 2004, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Meathook ]

--------------------
" I always hunt with two other companions even though I mostly hunt alone - God and my dad."
God's love is like an ocean..one can see the beginning but not the end.

Posts: 2270 | From: Westfield, PA-Potter County | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leftybearfan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for leftybearfan   Email leftybearfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Walkingstick.......Great thread and beautiful arras. [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Man, I only wish I had that much hair on my arms [help]

--------------------
"It's easier to do the right thing, than to explain why you didn't."

Posts: 382 | From: Tennessee by way of Illinois | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meathook
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 67

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meathook   Author's Homepage   Email Meathook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool Mac. They look awesome. Can't wait to shoot them. Those grizzlies look ready to to go and the best part is I don't need to bring a razor on the trip. [thumbsup]

Thanks again I will do my best to send a message to some pigs while I am down there.

--------------------
"Go ahead and run ya gotta sleep sometime." - Meathook's Mom

Posts: 4111 | From: Western NY | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
travisd.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for travisd.   Author's Homepage   Email travisd.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW SWEEEEEET!!!!! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Travis D. Hearne

Posts: 168 | From: indiana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swampbuck
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swampbuck   Email swampbuck       Edit/Delete Post 
TTT for clay.Enjoy it,s well done for novice to vetern

--------------------
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Posts: 3101 | From: Byron NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marvin M.
Contributor 2008
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marvin M.   Email Marvin M.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent thread.
Posts: 1456 | From: Central Kentucky | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJOHN5244
Member # 565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJOHN5244   Email BJOHN5244   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was a most excellent thread, for a fairly new beginner at making my own arrows it has helped me see where I was going wrong.

Admin, I want to thank you for putting that in how to for us beginners.

bjohn

Posts: 99 | From: LEWISVILLE,TX | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walkingstick
Charter Member
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Walkingstick   Email Walkingstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I didn't have an arrow box I thought I had and going 35 miles to Coudersport to get one from Bill Boncarz was nuts in this weather so I went to the PO and got two of those triangular mailers. Put foam in bottom (high density) and foam (low density) over nocks and filled the void and taped it shut. Before I did I put some special surprises inside for Meathook with a letter. The hold up was good because I wanted to make one arrow extra special by signing it and putting a gold point on it. I looked for the points I had given to me years ago by Ferret. I put them in a place where I would never forget. Well after looking for them for an eternity a quick phone call to my "little buddy" from southern Ohio and they were in the mail so I guess Mickey has a little in this too.
 -
Thanks Mickey for coming through like you always do and Don, enjoy the arrows and the hunt. They will leave here tomorrow.
 -

.....Mac~

[ March 12, 2004, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: Meathook ]

--------------------
" I always hunt with two other companions even though I mostly hunt alone - God and my dad."
God's love is like an ocean..one can see the beginning but not the end.

Posts: 2270 | From: Westfield, PA-Potter County | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Smith
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Smith   Email Scott Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mac,
Man this is a cool thread..... Nice looking
arrows and perfectly illustrated...
keep em' sharp,
4fletch [thumbsup]

--------------------
He who sacrifices freedom for safety deserves neither.
~Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 894 | From: Missouri | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brad Davis
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad Davis   Email Brad Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was excellent! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Mommy, where does bacon come from??
Well, a pig sweetheart.
Well how does a pig lay bacon??
Cassie 5

Daddy, what season is it?
Well, winter season honey.
No! What "hunting" season is it!!
Cassie 8

Kids, ya gotta love'um!

Posts: 401 | From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meathook
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 67

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meathook   Author's Homepage   Email Meathook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And the best part of the story is those very arrows killed both these piggies. I love it when a plan comes together.

-

--------------------
"Go ahead and run ya gotta sleep sometime." - Meathook's Mom

Posts: 4111 | From: Western NY | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©