JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » How To - Resources » Bamboo backed static build along (Page 13)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Bamboo backed static build along
Java Man
SPONSOR
Member # 38

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Java Man   Author's Homepage   Email Java Man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome, JD!!! [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

http://www.javamanarchery.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/javamanpam?ref=hl

Posts: 829 | From: Fenton, MI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcdaniels
Contributing Member 2006
Member # 1033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcdaniels   Author's Homepage   Email kcdaniels   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
JD,
might have been covered but I did'nt see it,
is the bottom limb the same length as the top limb or shorter?
Thanks,
Dan

Posts: 295 | From: Lake Placid, Florida | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
horseapple
Contributor 2018
Member # 93

Icon 1 posted      Profile for horseapple   Author's Homepage   Email horseapple   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heck Bob I don't remember the brand of the solvent:) I get it from wally-world...
KC, I make all my bows with even limb length, I think they balance in my hands better.

JD

Posts: 994 | From: Ada, OK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darryl
Member # 359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darryl   Author's Homepage   Email Darryl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
JD,

Wow! What beautiful work!

It reminds me of a saying one of my past employers used to say to me. When I was in High School I worked at a butcher shop. He would say, "Darryl, I am a meat-cutter and you are a butcher"

JD you are a bowyer and I am a butcher. [Smile]

--------------------
Never cry over something that can not cry over you.

Posts: 84 | From: WestTexas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Barnes
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Barnes   Email Bob Barnes       Edit/Delete Post 
what is the solvent for and how do you use it?
thanks,
Bob

--------------------
"Hello, My name is Bob and I'm a BowAholic"

Posts: 2238 | From: St. Vincent, Arkansas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingnut
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wingnut   Author's Homepage   Email wingnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe JD just wiped down the bow with solvent to bring out the highlights for the picture.

Mike

--------------------
www.dryadbows.com
www.dryadbows.com/helleknives/index.htm

http://www.facebook.com/dryadbows?ref=ts
TRADGANG Sponsor since day 1

Posts: 9369 | From: weatherford, texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boman jacob
Member # 2585

Icon 1 posted      Profile for boman jacob   Email boman jacob   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
looks good. I need to come and visit some time so you can teach me one on one.

>>>----------> Jacob

Posts: 7 | From: ok | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocdoc
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rocdoc   Email rocdoc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ttt for Ted!

--------------------
"The crappy stuff makes you a better bowyer, but the good stuff makes better bows"....Ferret

Posts: 1444 | From: Sapulpa, OK | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd O.
Member # 2456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd O.   Email Todd O.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
probably a dumb question but what does ttt mean?? I'm new at this computer term thing. I'm also kinda slow!! [Wink]
Posts: 29 | From: Allen, Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
horseapple
Contributor 2018
Member # 93

Icon 1 posted      Profile for horseapple   Author's Homepage   Email horseapple   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Todd if you have to know what ttt means here you go.... toddtheturd [smileystooges] no really it means, to the top

JD

Posts: 994 | From: Ada, OK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
horseapple
Contributor 2018
Member # 93

heres the link for Tedd so he doesn't have to read all the gooey stuff:)

http://groups.msn.com/Horseappleswebpage/bamboobackedstaticrecurve.msnw

Todd O.
Member # 2456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd O.   Email Todd O.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
why can't you just love me, and accept my stupidity??? [Confused] [Confused]
Posts: 29 | From: Allen, Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Barnes
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Barnes   Email Bob Barnes       Edit/Delete Post 
oh JD...what you said to Todd... [Smile] feelin full of P and V as dad used to say.. ? LOL.

I'm still curious about what you use solvent for and how and why you use it...? I always have just used finish over the stain...

Bob

--------------------
"Hello, My name is Bob and I'm a BowAholic"

Posts: 2238 | From: St. Vincent, Arkansas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
horseapple
Contributor 2018
Member # 93

your right Bob that was uncalled for, would you please apologize to Todd for me:) Wingnut answered your? in an earlier post... I use the mineral spirits to bring out the look of what the bow we look like when I put the finish on... nothing but a look see into what and how the finish will turn out to be... it dries in a few minutes so it doesn't add moisture...

JD

Todd O.
Member # 2456

Joe Don there are a few misspelled words in your last post!!! Better get that ENCYCLOPEDIA you keep next to the computer!!!!!!!!!!!! [bigsmyl] [bigsmyl] [Razz]
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©