JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » How To - Resources » Bamboo backed static build along (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Bamboo backed static build along
rocdoc
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rocdoc   Email rocdoc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John....don't let the pics fool ya. He wore me out walkin' back and forth to his tiller tree!!!

The man has a keen eye for tillerin though. I had to lie a few times and tell him that I could see the problem spots too. I didn't want to look like a fool (which is why I asked him not to post the pic of me in my boots!!!)

--------------------
"The crappy stuff makes you a better bowyer, but the good stuff makes better bows"....Ferret

Posts: 1444 | From: Sapulpa, OK | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farmerboy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for farmerboy   Email farmerboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey rocdoc what is wrong with your boots. i think horseapple has not ever seen a real working mans boots. oil feild is serious work.....
Posts: 136 | From: OK | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Ferret
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Ferret   Author's Homepage   Email the Ferret   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must say you're doing a heck of a job on posting and noting JD. A superb pictorial!

--------------------
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Posts: 12891 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocdoc
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rocdoc   Email rocdoc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks farmerboy.....I don't think it's the boots so much as the way my pants are tucked into them :-) Hey, it's muddy at the rig!

Gotta have those steel toes working on the rig....even my houseshoes are steel toed.

--------------------
"The crappy stuff makes you a better bowyer, but the good stuff makes better bows"....Ferret

Posts: 1444 | From: Sapulpa, OK | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd O.
Member # 2456

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Todd O.   Email Todd O.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
J.D.
Looks like you have come a long way since I stopped teaching you a few years ago. I hope to get up there tommorow, and give you some pointers. The bow looks great !!!!!!

Love,
your long lost pupil.....

Posts: 29 | From: Allen, Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farmerboy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for farmerboy   Email farmerboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
rocdoc, i think the pants in the boots are cool thing, i were mine like that sometimes. as you can tell by my name i was raised on a farm.......one thing about oil feild it is always a mess, i know i worked on a rig for two summers. hard work!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 136 | From: OK | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
horseapple
Contributor 2018
Member # 93

Icon 1 posted      Profile for horseapple   Author's Homepage   Email horseapple   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dadburnit Farmerboy, you spell worse than me:) I've wore out more steel toes than you've had shoes:) I pan on scraping the rind off the boo this weekend and adding the tip overlays... that is if it gets above freezing:)

JD

Posts: 993 | From: Ada, OK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
horseapple
Contributor 2018
Member # 93

Icon 1 posted      Profile for horseapple   Author's Homepage   Email horseapple   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Todd by the sound of you adding weight I might not recognize you [Big Grin]
Posts: 993 | From: Ada, OK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd O.
Member # 2456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd O.   Email Todd O.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT !!!!!!!

BY THE WAY DID'NT YOU TURN 40 IN NOVEMBER ????

Posts: 29 | From: Allen, Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
horseapple
Contributor 2018
Member # 93

we'll talk about this tommorrow:) and yes you look very nice at a measly 212# [bigsmyl]
Todd O.
Member # 2456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd O.   Email Todd O.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot how sensitive toy are. For those of you who have never seen him he is very handsome and athletic. My wife thinks he looks just like Sam Elliot. I look foward to tommorow it's been along time!!!!
rocdoc
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1779

Man....I'd give anything to ONLY weigh 212# again!

Sam Elliot!!!!

--------------------

Charlie - SA
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charlie - SA   Email Charlie - SA   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
JD, not only can you make bows but you put together a fantastic tutorial. Man, think of all the aw $@#%s, 'nother peice of wood please, start overs, etc you've minimized for folks like me by putting this together. Thanks so much.
Are you going to show some of the handle wrap stuff? I appreciate you sharing how you do it last summer in Fort Worth, I'd like to see some pictures if possible, beg, grovel, please ,etc [Big Grin]

Charlie - SA

Posts: 128 | From: Bulverde, Texas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farmerboy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2222

dadburnit horseapple you talk about my spelling. you PAN on working on bows today. what the crapt is PAN oh well have fun and don't freeze in your shop. if you can't get that fire started let me know i will have to come over and start it and keep it going so yall can work on bows today. good luck!!!!!!!!!!
rocdoc
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1779

JD....did you take the weekend off, or did you and Todd down a few cold ones and impair your ability to use the computer?

I'll be patiently waiting for the continued education.

--------------------

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©