JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » How To - Resources » Nocking point build along (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Nocking point build along
Walkingstick
Charter Member
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Walkingstick   Email Walkingstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice tutorial Charlie...Mac~

--------------------
" I always hunt with two other companions even though I mostly hunt alone - God and my dad."
God's love is like an ocean..one can see the beginning but not the end.

Posts: 2270 | From: Westfield, PA-Potter County | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ber643
Contributor 2013
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ber643   Author's Homepage   Email ber643   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Certainly a new and interesting method. I use two string nocks, tied on but will try this on at least one of my bow strings, as I think I would really like it. I would like to see one final picture of the string with the wrap above on it also, if possible (but guess I can see it on my own, come to think of it). This tutorial should definitely be saved in the How To's also IMO

--------------------
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 21451 | From: S Coastal NC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charlie Lamb
Charter Member
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charlie Lamb   Email Charlie Lamb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bernie... I'll get a picture up a little later that shows the above portion.
Still lettin the caffeine do it's majic this morning.

--------------------
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Posts: 11332 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Ferret
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Ferret   Author's Homepage   Email the Ferret   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno Charlie, nock points, servings..all seems kinda "high tech" to me. But if I went for all that stuff, I think I'd have to at least give your method a try. [Big Grin]

Nice job on the tutorial [thumbsup]

--------------------
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Posts: 12891 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ladams
Contributor 2014
Member # 4301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ladams   Author's Homepage   Email Ladams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice work Charlie,
A little different than what i was tought but i think i like it .Gonna try it tonight.
Larry

--------------------
Soverign balistick 62"62#@28
Soverign balistick 62"60#@28
Krewson Snakey Osage 64" 52#@28
Seven lakes longbow 64" 59#@28
Moab 62"58#@28"
Big Jim thunderchild 58" 50@28"

Posts: 601 | From: Odessa Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charlie Lamb
Charter Member
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charlie Lamb   Email Charlie Lamb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of us just gotta have a crutch Micky!! [Big Grin]

Like I said above guys... this method can be modified so it's just the knot on the string if you like that better.

--------------------
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Posts: 11332 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trashwood
Charter Member
Member # 827

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trashwood   Author's Homepage   Email trashwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh sure - I had to try the Lamb nock. I got my finger glued to the dang string, then I accidently whipped it in place. I got kinda of messy when i cut my finger off to clean up the nocking point. I may go with the naked nock like Ferret from now on [Smile]

rusty

Posts: 5715 | From: fort worth, TX | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charlie Lamb
Charter Member
Member # 8

Yeah Rusty,but now you don't have to worry about finger placement on the string!

--------------------
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

trashwood
Charter Member
Member # 827

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trashwood   Author's Homepage   Email trashwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL

rusty

Posts: 5715 | From: fort worth, TX | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coaltroll
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coaltroll   Email coaltroll   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Charlie, I am pretty new to this so any lesson that I can use is great. I don't like the brass ones either. I would also like to see this saved in the how to forum.
Posts: 347 | From: Craig Colorado | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Woodring
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Woodring   Email Ben Woodring   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Mr. Lamb...I've use a similar deal without the superglue, I'm definately going with the super glue, stop burning a hole in my thumb when I burn the ends
Posts: 655 | From: Calhoun County MI, Defiance County OH | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charlie Lamb
Charter Member
Member # 8

Saved this to the How To Forum

--------------------
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

ber643
Contributor 2013
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ber643   Author's Homepage   Email ber643   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great, Charlie (don't forget the other pic - just to tie it all together.)

--------------------
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 21451 | From: S Coastal NC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charlie Lamb
Charter Member
Member # 8

Ok! Here's the pictures of the other half.

Leaving enough space for your nock of choice start wrapping your serving thread up the string.
When you've laid on enough to protect your top finger, pull out a length of serving thread and continuing in the same wrapping direction form a loop.
 -

[ February 03, 2007, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Charlie Lamb ]

--------------------
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Charlie Lamb
Charter Member
Member # 8

-
Continuing the wrap in the same direction you were wind twelve wraps "inside" the loop.
 -

[ February 03, 2007, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Charlie Lamb ]

--------------------
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©