JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » How To - Resources » Drop point knife build along (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Drop point knife build along
BenBow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BenBow   Email BenBow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All Right! Nice job. Got me thinking about what I can do with a worn out saw blade. Now where can I find some time.

--------------------
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel, (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Posts: 5254 | From: Sunny Rio Rancho, New Mexico | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Green Arrow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Green Arrow   Email Green Arrow       Edit/Delete Post 
quick question: are you using a dremmel to cut out the blade? and what kind of eye protection do you need to wear. i've never played with metal but i'd like to give it a try. and how do you shape the handle....

thanks for the build along, it is a gorgeous knife!!

--------------------
"Everything the power of the world does it does in a circle." -Black Elk

Posts: 291 | From: VA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shakes.602
Contributor 2014
Member # 4176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shakes.602   Email Shakes.602   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dremel makes a Diamond Cut Off Wheel as well, thats what I would Use anyway.
Good Set of Safety Glasses with sides Covered too Green Arrow!! The Wrap around kind work Really well.

--------------------
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Posts: 5567 | From: Crawfordsville, Indiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RGK
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RGK   Email RGK       Edit/Delete Post 
Eye protection??? Now look, I have something in my eye. [Wink] I wear safety glasses and sometimes a full face shield with them.

--------------------
Member: WI Bowhunters Association
Member: WI Traditional Archers
Member: American Broadhead Collectors Club
Member: Sherwood Forest Bowmen

Posts: 887 | From: SE WI | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticshooter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticshooter   Email sticshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ron ya make a awesome knife and I still see them deer sausages ya posted before.Great Job.<><

--------------------
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp Stic."
TGMM

Posts: 9651 | From: Foot of the Cross! < WI | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numitokayo
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Numitokayo   Author's Homepage   Email Numitokayo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simply beautiful Ron !!!! Great job [Smile]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 983 | From: Fort Simpson, Northwest Territories | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coop
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 625

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coop   Email Coop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice!

--------------------
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

-Mike

Posts: 670 | From: Acme, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RGK
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RGK   Email RGK       Edit/Delete Post 
I Finished the saw blade knife. The tung oil really gives it a good shine.

-

-

-

Time to start making the sheath.

--------------------
Member: WI Bowhunters Association
Member: WI Traditional Archers
Member: American Broadhead Collectors Club
Member: Sherwood Forest Bowmen

Posts: 887 | From: SE WI | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticshooter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticshooter   Email sticshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great looking knife.<><

--------------------
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp Stic."
TGMM

Posts: 9651 | From: Foot of the Cross! < WI | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frenchymanny
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frenchymanny   Email Frenchymanny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Superb work!

[thumbsup] [clapper]
F-Manny

[ April 14, 2007, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Frenchymanny ]

--------------------
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Posts: 2841 | From: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
john mccabe
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for john mccabe   Email john mccabe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love that knife!
Nice work Ron.

Posts: 383 | From: orange,ca | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JEFF B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JEFF B   Email JEFF B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
real awesome ron wow!!! [Not Worthy]

--------------------
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Posts: 9466 | From: Baylys Beach New Zealand | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Over&Under
2017 Contributor
Member # 8273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Over&Under   Email Over&Under   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! reeaaaallllly nice!! really like the shape. Well done

--------------------
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss" [Smile]

Posts: 6957 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paleFace
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paleFace   Author's Homepage   Email paleFace   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RGK what are the deminsions on this beaut? do you have a pattern that you used or was this one you just drew up? i think my pole saw could use a new blade [bigsmyl]

--------------------
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Posts: 1489 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkeGreen
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6212

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkeGreen         Edit/Delete Post 
Man that is one sweet knife.
Posts: 1690 | From: Indiana | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©