JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Topic Archives » How To - Resources » Drop point knife build along (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Drop point knife build along
Shadow Hunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9702

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Hunter   Email Shadow Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very Nice

--------------------
Hunting in the foot steps of Legends.

Posts: 133 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rxhntr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rxhntr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is one fine piece of work--one question--What is tung oil?
Posts: 396 | From: Merced, CA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RGK
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RGK   Email RGK       Edit/Delete Post 
Paleface. It was just something I sketched up to fit the blade.

With the knife done. I am going to start another build along for the leather sheath. Stay tuned.

--------------------
Member: WI Bowhunters Association
Member: WI Traditional Archers
Member: American Broadhead Collectors Club
Member: Sherwood Forest Bowmen

Posts: 887 | From: SE WI | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Predator1
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Predator1   Email Predator1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW! Nice work. Would you mind telling how you worked the handle down?
Posts: 102 | From: Winfield, Ks | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paleFace
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paleFace   Author's Homepage   Email paleFace   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
appreciate it, i have started my 1st knife thanks to this thread. good thing i don't have an addictive personality [help] i think i can get at least 3 and maybe 4 out of this old saw blade.

--------------------
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Posts: 1489 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
V I Archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5291

Icon 1 posted      Profile for V I Archer   Email V I Archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do you polish the blade up? It looked pretty beat before, is it all hand sanding or do you attack it with some kind of power tool?

--------------------
But be sure you live out the message and do not merely listen to it and so deceive yourself - James 1:22

Posts: 630 | From: Terrace,British Columbia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
REBbowhunter
Member # 3449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for REBbowhunter   Email REBbowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did this blade need to be heat treated and tempered?
Posts: 52 | From: Byram,MS | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Norwegian Bowhunter
Member # 12239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norwegian Bowhunter   Email Norwegian Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice!!
I am sure you will be satisfied with the quality of the blade.
My grandfather used the same steel to cut gras on his farm.
Different shape of course.

Inge

--------------------
If you are a bowhunter, you are my friend!

Posts: 48 | From: Norway | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RGK
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RGK   Email RGK       Edit/Delete Post 
I use a belt sander to remove material from the handle.

The blade is very hard without heat treating.

--------------------
Member: WI Bowhunters Association
Member: WI Traditional Archers
Member: American Broadhead Collectors Club
Member: Sherwood Forest Bowmen

Posts: 887 | From: SE WI | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Norwegian Bowhunter
Member # 12239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norwegian Bowhunter   Email Norwegian Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes i guess it is hard, but i think it is easy to sharpen.
I think that many of the huntingknives are to hard so i find them diffecult to sharpen.
I like the old ones.
You are making a beautiful knife!!

Inge

--------------------
If you are a bowhunter, you are my friend!

Posts: 48 | From: Norway | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©