JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » chastain bows (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: chastain bows
laurenttahiti
Member # 4741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laurenttahiti   Email laurenttahiti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Tahiti ,yes !!
The Wapiti from Chastain are famous in France !!
When I began bowhunting ,I wanted to have a "Chastain" but didn't have enough money !
Last year ,I have ordered my bow .
I had problems with stringing but now I let my bow strung.
French bowhunters read and learn a lot from your forum.
sorry for my poor english
Laurent

--------------------
Bowhunter from New Caledonia(south pacific)

Posts: 67 | From: New Caledonia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dachba
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dachba   Email dachba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
laurentttahiti

Why did you have a problem stringing your bow? I've been thinking about buying one but wouldn't want to leave it strung all the time.

Dave in Ft. Collins, Colorado

--------------------
Dave from North Bend, Oregon

Posts: 420 | From: North Bend, Oregon | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laurenttahiti
Member # 4741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laurenttahiti   Email laurenttahiti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have to be careful not to twist the limbs.Phone to J.K.Chastain ,he will explain how to string your bow.You can ask him about my problem from Laurent in Tahiti.
Phone him it's the best you have to do before buying a real good bow !!!
Best regards for J.K.Chastain

Laurent

--------------------
Bowhunter from New Caledonia(south pacific)

Posts: 67 | From: New Caledonia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aroflyte
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aroflyte   Email aroflyte   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dachba, my spike is 60 lbs @28 but i'm not selling. I havent even had time to really get to know this bow yet
Posts: 130 | From: chicago heights, Illinois | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aroflyte
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aroflyte   Email aroflyte   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
laurenttahiti, dachba is correct when he tells you to call Keith Chastain before ordering. He has always been very friendly when I have talked to him. So far as stringing, I string my bow every time I go to shoot. I ALWAYS check my string nocks immediately after string-up. Good habit to get into, only takes a second, and considering the price and inconvenience of getting a new set of limbs, its cheap insurance.
Posts: 130 | From: chicago heights, Illinois | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aroflyte
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2815

nobody else have anything to say?
dachba
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dachba   Email dachba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aroflyte

I would love to own a 70# @ 28" recurve from Keith but would like to buy it used or on sale. I've decided to be patient. Sooner or later a good used one will hit the market at a fair price. I paid $215 for my Spike TD on Ebay. Maybe I'll get lucky again (I would be willing to go a bit higher :-) Maybe someone will sell on Ebay a Wapiti "compound" like my last Bear Hunter Takedown Recurve I got for $84 (65# @ 28").
The gal selling it advertised it under compounds as a Bear Hunter compound. I lucked out finding it and was the only bidder at $50 until the last minute of the auction. Then two other people found it and bid it up to $83 which was still under my maximum bid.
Dave in Ft. Collins, CO

--------------------
Dave from North Bend, Oregon

Posts: 420 | From: North Bend, Oregon | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aroflyte
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2815

that is what happened with the spike I got. couldnt belive no one else saw/bid on it. I've never been a longbow shooter. It coming along slowly. Keep an eye out and sooner or later one will come along.
wapiti
SPONSOR
Member # 4846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wapiti   Email wapiti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Wapiti T/D is slow by todays standards I would guess. I have shot several bows next to it at about the same draw weight and all were quite a bit faster. Since I am not into the speed thing much it really is not a factor for me.
The major thing about the Wapiti T/D is smoothness fo draw and shooter comfort for me. I have shot A lot of high end bows here and there but have not come acroos any as smooth as the Wapiti. I shot a Palmer once that turned my head a few years back but still not as smooth.
The bottom line is this bow is going to be with me til the day I die. I may have another or 2 by then (we do have a local bowyer who makes one beauty of a bow and smokes an arrow) but the Wapiti will be my main hunter in the forseeable future. You cannot go wrong with the purchase of a Wapiti T/D.

--------------------
“Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.”-Will Rogers

Posts: 639 | From: Sheridan, WY | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aroflyte
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2815

Ive got to agree with you. ive got four total and although i go to comptons, cloverdale, and the hastings/kalamazoo gatherings and shoot everything, I guess I'm spoiled with my wapitis'. I hate to say it, but i'm happy with what i've got and cant see getting anymore. for me anyway. there's always newcomers to "entice" with a wapiti.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©