JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » Beman BlackMax Arrows

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Beman BlackMax Arrows
pav
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pav   Author's Homepage   Email pav       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fletched up some arrows: Here is what I did.
What happens is you get the inserts with the arrows and cut the arrows first and than there is a depth tool that installs the insert at the proper depth. There is also a stone to tho smooth the rough edges of the point end of the arrow. You can use this stone to fit points on snuggly or to adjust BH alignment by grinding the end of the shaft. There is also a nock tool that comes with it. When fletching the shafts use the stone to rough up the fletched area to assure good glue contact. That was a previous problem discussed and all the tools for fletching and insert placemnt come with the shaft except for fletching jig, expoxy, glue and feathers. I got my first set tonite. Cant wait to try them out.
Well here it is I shot 6 400 Beman HIT Black Max MFX microeffects arrows 9.6 gpi with 145 gr field points fletched with 2 white hen feathers and an orange barred cock feather, they measured 29 inches long weighing in at 423.4 grains minus the feathers and inserts. I shot arrows out of a 58" Bruin Reflex Express 54#@28" at 5 yards real tight groups 10 to 20 the same, the group opened up a litle at 20. These arrows were like rockets and the will blast thru a bale of hay no problem and I did have a hard time finding my arrow. One arrow bounced off a rock and was still perfect. They took some getting use too out to 30 yards, but right now I need them for turkey season. I found if you follow Bemans Shaft selector, it is accurate with the shaft selection. They are real darts and heavy for a small diameter shaft. With these arrows I will be able to outshoot G.Fred Asbell, OL Adcock and definitely Bob Morrison. The website for these durable hunting tools is Beman Arrow Selector
But I feel like an archer after shooting these arrows, in my 3 yrs tradarchery. oh yea I can even outshoot BayouLongbowman
Take care happy hunting Paul

--------------------
>>>>----Paul--------)>

Posts: 647 | From: San Antonio Texas | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bayoulongbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bayoulongbowman   Email bayoulongbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul, that wont take much! [Big Grin] [bigsmyl] besides I cant see like you youngsters!!!! seriously I have some bemans and in heavy bows they seem to fly good....."I just shot another one thur a life saver"!..... [heman] [wavey] ...LOL...

--------------------
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had better be right!"

Posts: 12170 | From: Baton Rouge , La. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pav
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pav   Author's Homepage   Email pav       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was it on a target or did you shoot it out of the sky!!?????? LOL

--------------------
>>>>----Paul--------)>

Posts: 647 | From: San Antonio Texas | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©