JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » Sarrels Bows

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sarrels Bows
Muley
Member # 6148

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Muley   Author's Homepage   Email Muley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone shot Bob Sarrels bows? He makes a great recurve and longbow that are pretty popular here in Texas. I have a couple of his longbows that I took a couple of deer with this past season. Very smooth shooting. Check out his website at sarrelsarchery.com.
Posts: 1 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
horseapple
Contributor 2016
Member # 93

Icon 1 posted      Profile for horseapple   Author's Homepage   Email horseapple   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You bet I have, lucky enough to own one of his longbows, its made from leopardwood I think. One of the prettiest bows that I own.

Joe Don

Posts: 991 | From: Ada, OK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticshooter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticshooter   Email sticshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YEp! I have one also.Great shooting and a great guy.I really love this bow.Bocote and curly maple moose antler tips.Fast and quiet and smooth.I have longbows I shoot now this one and my BOSS and My Rivers Edge.I am slowly seling all my other bows.I want another Rivers Edge Kevins new one and another Sarrels.<><

--------------------
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp Stic."
TGMM

Posts: 9651 | From: Foot of the Cross! < WI | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
12Ring
Cadet Member
Member # 5718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 12Ring   Author's Homepage   Email 12Ring   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just went to his website, i only got to look at the Mountain Longbow before my computer shut down. the first one is very nice, i like the arrow on it. 12Ring

--------------------
Two Rivers Traditional Bowhunters
Central Arkansas Bowhunters
Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas
Arkansas Bowhunters Association

Posts: 825 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticshooter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticshooter   Email sticshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
12RING I talked with Bob about that bow.He sells them for $610.00 all bamboo limbs and Bocote riser.I was also talking witha dealer in texas that has a few of Bob" bows in stock but for the price of the one I liked he had for a few more $$$ I can get the top dog with the arra.These are great shooters.

--------------------

TGMM

Posts: 9651 | From: Foot of the Cross! < WI | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
12Ring
Cadet Member
Member # 5718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 12Ring   Author's Homepage   Email 12Ring   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have already spent 600 on a Elmer Patton hybrid, so i am out, they are nice though, but i wouldn't trade anything in the world for my Patton. 12Ring

--------------------
Two Rivers Traditional Bowhunters
Central Arkansas Bowhunters
Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas
Arkansas Bowhunters Association

Posts: 825 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticshooter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2000

WELL I JUST GOT DONE SHOOTING MY SPEED SHOOT AND THE SARRELS IS A GREAT SHOOTING BOW.I REALLY THINKING ABOUT GETTING ANOTHER ONE.I REALLY LOVE HIS BOW WITH THE ARROW BURNED INTO THE LIMBS.

--------------------

TGMM

James Young
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Young   Email James Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one in tigerwood.. a great shooting bow.. got it the same weekend JD got his... I'm gonna try to get a "fancier" model this year... I've knwn Bob for a few years and he's a good guy to deal with and he makes a bow that is very pleasant to shoot.. My bow at least is not to picky on which spine it likes so easier to get a good setup with it..

James Young

Posts: 953 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shedd
Member # 1126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shedd   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shedd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have known Bob for several years and he is a great guy and builds a super bow. I have owned and shot others, but now all I shoot are his bows. I have three of his longbows (plus my son has one) and one of his recurves. I personally like bamboo in them, but I've never shot any of his bows I didn't like shooting. They are extremely smooth and easy shooters. I don't think you can find a better bow, especially for the price. I am hoping to be able to order another recurve in the near future. Never can have too many.
Posts: 43 | From: Wimberley, TX | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robert garcia
Member # 5428

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robert garcia   Email robert garcia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had Bob build me a longbow with "the works", a real beauty and it's become my favorite. I also bought one of his stock recurves for a fraction of the cost of some of my other bows and it shoots better than a lot of the bows I've ever owned or shot.
A good friend of mine owns three custom longbows from another Texas bowyer and was AMAZED when he tried my Sarrels longbow "Man! there ain't NO handshock!" When he found out he paid over $100.00 more on lowest priced bow he than I did he was speechless.

--------------------
"We're in the spirit world....
they can't see us."

Posts: 49 | From: austin, texas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camoacorn
Member # 3472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for camoacorn   Email camoacorn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I BOUGHT A NEW BOB SARRELS BOW SATURDAY AT CHESTER, TEXAS, AND I LOVE IT,IT IS VERY BEAUTIFUL, MADE OUT OF CEDAR AND SHOOTS LIKE A DREAM.
Posts: 13 | From: nederland,texas | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trinity Outfitters
Contributor 2016
Member # 863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trinity Outfitters   Author's Homepage   Email Trinity Outfitters   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
camoacorn,

Post some pics for us!

Todd

--------------------
"I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." John 10:10

Posts: 629 | From: Austin, Tx | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fletch
Member # 1219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fletch   Author's Homepage   Email fletch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what do i need to do to be added to your vendor link list bob

--------------------
na

Posts: 53 | From: austin, texas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LAR43
Contributor 2016
Member # 2173

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAR43   Author's Homepage   Email LAR43   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob,
PM Terry, Lance or one of the other administrators & ask them what it takes.

Larry

--------------------
Age brings us the priceless gift of experience and knowledge. . . Priceless, but not free.

Posts: 1586 | From: Long Island, New York | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©