JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » BOW STRINGERS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BOW STRINGERS
maromi
Member # 4755

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maromi   Author's Homepage   Email maromi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking for a BEST QUALITY bow stringer that will string a long bow or a recurve. NO METAL RIVETS in the cups to scratch tip overlays, NO RUBBER SQUARES that slide off the end of a long bow. A stringer that always works! ANY SUGGESTIONS?

maromi Trad Bowhunter 4755

--------------------
I don't understand the codes?

Posts: 6 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orion
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Orion   Email Orion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if it has a name, but the only place I've seen it is on Robertson's Stykbow site. Leather cups, no metal eyes, and better yet, the stringer string encircles the cups on the outside. Thus, the stringer string goes over the bow tips as well as the leather cups. In my opinion, it's the best stringer out there. I have several. Should probably buy more before Dick quits making them.
Posts: 8593 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe skipp
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe skipp   Email joe skipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got one stringer left in my shop that is exactly what your looking for. I'm at work right now, shoot me a PM and I'll get back with you tomorrow...gotta sleep after working all night!!

--------------------
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Posts: 6965 | From: Renegade Archery, Highland, NY | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ted A. Young
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ted A. Young   Email Ted A. Young       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bougtht a stringer but, there is always a but you know. I don't rememnber the name. It is made from a flat black 3/4" wide webbing belt. It has a socket for the bottom end of the bow with two sockets on the top end. On the one side is a recurve socket and the one on the other side is for a longbow. Works great and covers both bases!

--------------------
Ted A. Young AKA COB. When I was young I spoke as child. Now I'm older and got more sense I can't get any one to listen to me!

Posts: 1296 | From: Central Ohio | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
F.O.T.M.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for F.O.T.M.   Email F.O.T.M.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ted You old fart its a wonder you can remember how to get home from your mailbox [knothead] [wavey] [tunglaff]
Posts: 140 | From: LEBANON OH | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dachba
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dachba   Email dachba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The flat black 3/4" webbing stringer is being sold on Ebay right now. I just received mine today and haven't had a chance to try it yet on some of my more troublesome bows (small tips, long limbs and heavy draw weights). It looks like it should work. The ebay seller is: reloading_rich. His auctions are titled "NEW BOWSTRINGER / FITS BOTH RECURVES AND LONGBOWS" and there are two going on right now with a buyitnow of $10.99 and a starting bid of $9.99.

You can also buy them direct from Rich at:
RCis@comcast.net

I'll try to remember to leave a post after I try it out. I have a couple of bows that are real buggers to string with any of the normal stringers.
Dave in Ft. Collins, Colorado

--------------------
Dave from North Bend, Oregon

Posts: 420 | From: North Bend, Oregon | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kildog
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5407

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kildog   Email Kildog   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
reloading rich is a member on here and makes a great bowstringer...I bought 2 of them...he also does a superb job of custom making wood arrows! KD

--------------------
Muddy Bayou Stick Shooters
Arkansas Bowhunters Association(Life Member)
Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas
Central Arkansas Bowhunters

Posts: 569 | From: Vilonia. Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dachba
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dachba   Email dachba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've tested the 3/4" webbing stringer I purchased on Ebay from reloading rich, a member of this forum. My most difficult test was a highly recurved, narrow tipped, 68" long 55# recurve. The type of stringer with the rubber triangle on one end, would slip down the recurve and, because of my relatively short arms, I couldn't apply enough force to string the bow.

The double leather cup type stringer would cover the string groove to the point where I couldn't get a good seat for the string. Both types (I have several styles of both types) are also prone to knotting.

The webbing type stringer handles this bow with finese. I had no trouble stringing/unstringing the bow. I highly recommend this stringer.

When I first used it I was nervous about the shallow depth of the cups on the webbing. This proved not to be a problem. The rigidity of the webbing also makes for a quicker install of the stringer. When first received, the stringer is a bit stiff (hard to get the tips in the pockets). After a few stringings, this stiffness goes away and it becomes supple.

GREAT PRODUCT. I will buy another.
Dave in Ft. Collins, Colorado

--------------------
Dave from North Bend, Oregon

Posts: 420 | From: North Bend, Oregon | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe skipp
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe skipp   Email joe skipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 3/4" Webbing stringers are exactly what I sell out of my shop. IMO, they are the best and I use them exclusively on all shop bows. Only on a rare ocassion when the limb tips are built really small do you need a Selway type stringer.

--------------------
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Posts: 6965 | From: Renegade Archery, Highland, NY | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ted A. Young
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ted A. Young   Email Ted A. Young       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marvin, mail box? Mail box> I never go to the mail box. Leave that job for my wife!

Joe, I really like my web stringer!!

--------------------
Ted A. Young AKA COB. When I was young I spoke as child. Now I'm older and got more sense I can't get any one to listen to me!

Posts: 1296 | From: Central Ohio | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SERGIO VENNERI
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SERGIO VENNERI   Email SERGIO VENNERI   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe;
Can you or some one slse Post a Pic of this web type Bow stringer for mmmmmmmmmmmmmyself and other to view??

Thank you

Sergio

Posts: 1810 | From: Timmins, ontario Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe skipp
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1095

Serg..I'll send you one. I'll see if I can get 3D Muzzy or Curt to post a photo.

--------------------

SERGIO VENNERI
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SERGIO VENNERI   Email SERGIO VENNERI   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Joe;
Just let me know How much??

Sergio

Posts: 1810 | From: Timmins, ontario Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe skipp
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1095

For everything you done for me over the years...its yours...It'll be in the mail Tuesday afternoon (after I get done chasing Turkeys)

--------------------

joe skipp
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1095

Tedd...glad you like the stringer. I'm ordering another 6 for the shop. I really push them on my customers when they order a custom bow. Its a cheap investment compared to the money spent on a custom bow.

--------------------

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©