Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » Wes Wallace Bows (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Wes Wallace Bows
DesertDude
Contributor 2014
Member # 4551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DesertDude   Author's Homepage   Email DesertDude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have ben shooting his bows since he started his own place. He used to build bows with Jim Brackenbury. These are some of the finest shooting bows. I have a mentor 66" 56# @28. I
have owned alot of his bows and sold alot when I was in the archery business. Wes is a stand up guy. any questions please give me a yell. mark

--------------------
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-2008

Posts: 3191 | From: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradbhuntr
Member # 4539

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradbhuntr   Email tradbhuntr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me there is not much difference between a Wes Wallace and a Brackenbury bow in looks and performance. I think Brackenbury bows are less expensive. Ken
Posts: 35 | From: Aurora | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M60gunner
Contributor 2014
Member # 6337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M60gunner   Email M60gunner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really enjoy my " Royal " longbow. Might get one of his recurves sometime.
Posts: 791 | From: Sun City, Az. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S.A.S.A.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6123

Icon 1 posted      Profile for S.A.S.A.   Author's Homepage   Email S.A.S.A.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been shooting Wes Wallace bows since Jim B. went to the great hunt in the sky,I also carry his line of bows in my shop,I've never had a problem with any of his bows. The longbows&recurves that Wes makes are among the best on the market today.If you would like to know more about these bows,please e-mail me

--------------------
Randy S Harrison

Posts: 140 | From: washington N.J. | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carlo1404
Contributor 2014
Member # 16545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carlo1404   Email carlo1404   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, sorry if I "revive" this topic.... I bought a month ago (and it arrive last fridaay) one used Wes Wallace the Mentor bow.... 62" 44# at 28 ... crefted on 08/2004 with the worlds "1.Corinthians 2:9" write on the riser....Anyone know what's meaning ??? I'm very happy to buy it and he look very very good, it's fast and quiet and the arrows go where you seen.
I think it's Cocobolo/Shedua with Red Elm Veneers limbs, it have antler tips and overlay, and I'm in love with it.
Bye from Italy
Carlo

-

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

--------------------
Bear T/D Diamondwood A+3 60" 47#
Black Widow PSA2 Diamondback 60" 45#
Black Widow PTFX Bocote 62" 44#
Hoyt Buffalo 62" 45#
J.J. Stalker 62" 41#
LB Black Widow PL3 64" 45#
LB V.Marchi "Celtico" 66" 48#
Early '70 N.7 Bear Bows

Posts: 426 | From: Rome - Italy | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinecone
Contributor 2007
Member # 1931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinecone   Email Pinecone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carlo,

I Corinthians 2:9 is a reference to a specific passage in the Bible's New Testament. It says "...No mind has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him."

Congratulations on your new bow!

Claudia

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2260 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carlo1404
Contributor 2014
Member # 16545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carlo1404   Email carlo1404   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Claudia,

thank you for your info.

I'm very happy for my "new" bow....

Carlo from Italy

PS....Have you "Italian" origins...??

--------------------
Bear T/D Diamondwood A+3 60" 47#
Black Widow PSA2 Diamondback 60" 45#
Black Widow PTFX Bocote 62" 44#
Hoyt Buffalo 62" 45#
J.J. Stalker 62" 41#
LB Black Widow PL3 64" 45#
LB V.Marchi "Celtico" 66" 48#
Early '70 N.7 Bear Bows

Posts: 426 | From: Rome - Italy | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinecone
Contributor 2007
Member # 1931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinecone   Email Pinecone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carlo,

I have no Italian ancestory..but I am Roman Catholic :-). Enjoy your new bow...it should be a dandy!

Claudia

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2260 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ragnarok Forge
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ragnarok Forge   Email Ragnarok Forge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love my Wes Wallace Royal. I am picking up my second one right before memorial day and plan to place an order for a third on pick up day. The wife has one and another on order as well. Smooth shooting, no hand shock, awesome bows.

--------------------
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone. It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Posts: 3246 | From: Vancouver, WA. | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flying Dogg
Contributor 2014
Member # 5977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flying Dogg   Email Flying Dogg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a Wes Wallace Royal longbow for 4 years and would still have it if I could still handle the draw weight.
I ordered my Royal after shooting all of the top of the line longbows of similiar design at Denton Hill about 10 years ago. The Royal had good speed, was very quiet, and most of all pointed extremely well making it a very accurate shooting bow. I do not remember missing a deer with this bow. I would highly reccommend the Royal to anyone looking for a great longbow.

Posts: 295 | From: NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bawana bowman
SPONSOR
Member # 16986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bawana bowman   Author's Homepage   Email bawana bowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Wes Wallace "Royal TD" 66" 60#@29". One of the best shooting longbows I've owned, quiet, no hand shock, and smooth drawing. It has pretty much been my go to bow for the past 1 1/2 years for Florida hunting.
I've spent the last 38 years hunting with bows from 65# to 90#, find it hard to believe I use this one as much as I do lately. Guess I'll be ordering one in the 75-80# range soon since that is my preferred hunting weight.
I really do like the feel of the Royal!

--------------------
Caney Creek Outfitters

>>-IBEP Instructor->
TGMM Family of the Bow
PBS Regular, since 1988
Husband, Father, Grandfather

Posts: 1400 | From: Cocoa, Florida | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timothy Ray
Member # 22341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timothy Ray   Email Timothy Ray   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What it means is man cannot comprehend the treasures God has in store for us

--------------------
Tim Voss

Posts: 12 | From: Fulton Arkansas | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amar911
Contributor 2013
Member # 15808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amar911   Email amar911   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We'd made a couple of my Brackenbury bows and I owned a Wes
Wallace bow at one point but sold it. His recurves are pretty much Brackenbury bows, which are among my favorites. His longbows are exceptional too. The only reason I sold my WW recurve was because a friend wanted it and I had lots of similar Brackenburys on my rack. Wes is an outstanding craftsman, a good guy and knows how to make a top notch bow. You cannot go wrong with a Wes Wallace bow.

Allan

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 3231 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amar911
Contributor 2013
Member # 15808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amar911   Email amar911   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wes made a couple of my Brackenbury bows and I owned a Wes Wallace bow at one point but sold it. His recurves are pretty much Brackenbury bows, which are among my favorites. His longbows are exceptional too. The only reason I sold my WW recurve was because a friend wanted it and I had lots of similar Brackenburys on my rack. Wes is an outstanding craftsman, a good guy and knows how to make a top notch bow. You cannot go wrong with a Wes Wallace bow.

Allan

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 3231 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
landman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 25568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for landman   Email landman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Partner with two sets of limbs and a Mentor and I love both of them. Wes is an exceptional bowyer and a real gentlemen and I'll testify that you can't do better. And that is saying absolutely nothing against other bowyers. He's top notch.
Posts: 429 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©