JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » Bowdoc's Refinishing Work

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bowdoc's Refinishing Work
Jakeboy at home
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jakeboy at home   Email Jakeboy at home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I just got back my 1959 Bear Kodiak that I scored for 25 bucks.

I sent it to Bowdoc (Don Ward) for complete restoratioon & refinishing. The bow was in terrible shape with the finish flaking off so bad I couldn't identify the I-beam riser wood.

The micarta limb tip overlays were peeling & broken too. Scratched up really bad. Before pics don't show how bad it was.

I sent it in in February and got it back in mid-April.

WOW! I am astonished at the beauty and finish on this bow. It looks better than most brand-new bows. He made it as original as possible with a heavy highly glossed finish which is like a mirror! He replaced the tips with red/white fiberglass overlays which are perfect and he put on a vintage leather handle wrap and a 59 leather plate. All scratches are gone and his finish brings out the beautiful woods this beauty has.

The bow looks nearly perfect.
Don Ward was great to work with & kept the bow a little longer than planned because he wanted to work on the finish more to get it "just right". I can live with that for sure.
Everyone recommended I send this vintage Bear to the Bowdoc...for good reason. His work is simply outstanding. I wish I had a digital camera so I could post pics. If you need a bow, particularly an old Bear restored/refinished, send it to him. His work is top-drawer. I couldn't be happier with it. In fact, as I look at my bow rack, my eyes, glide past my Morrison, past my BRAND NEW Northern Mist Whisper (wow, what a bow this is...another review coming soon), my '69 Grizzly, and my self bow to settle on the Kodiak. It's the one my eye is attracted to and that is the result of Don Ward's work!

JMO.

Jakeboy

Posts: 352 | From: Sedalia, MO | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike g
SPONSOR
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike g   Author's Homepage   Email mike g   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you get in contact with BowDoc....

--------------------
"Mike your friend In Traditional archery" (M.A.L.)
www.mikesarcheryleather.com
Leather Armguards,Quivers,and Accessories, Mike's Archery Leather
"Rinehart 3D Target Dealer"
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 4405 | From: Stockton California | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticshooter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticshooter   Email sticshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike try his email. {TWard90291@aol.com}.I just got my 57 kodaik back yesterday.I posted on another thread that it was a58 but it's a57.Wow he is a awesome guy that does awesome work.I'll be tradeing this one or selling just so I can do it again.LOL.<><

--------------------
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp Stic."
TGMM

Posts: 9651 | From: Foot of the Cross! < WI | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kyudo
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kyudo   Email kyudo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sticshooter--i've tried to send an e-mail to the address you have posted and it keeps getting returned. what am i doing wrong? thanks
Posts: 106 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©