JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » LHA Dead End Recurve

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LHA Dead End Recurve
warbird
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for warbird   Email warbird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First let me tell you Chris Sparks owner and bowyer at LHA is a first rate class act. We exchanged at least ten emails in the begining process of designing my bow. I was very picky about the exotics color tone and grain patterns. So Chris made a special two hour trip to exotic lumber yard to hand pick my materials. As soon as he got back he put together a dry run of all the materials to see the contrast. The bow was to be a combination of paduak and bolivian rosewood w/ maple accent between and natural actinboo limbs under clear glass. He even did the overlays exactly as requeted. Upon receiving the bow I found in the box a handmade stringer, wool bowsock, and FF sting with a nocking point and fur silencers attached. When unstrung the bow looks almost semi-static but has a full working limb. The actionboo had a nice plush feel all the way out to full draw. The grip design was very comfortable in the hand and exhibited no hand shock. It spit out my carbon arrows with plenty of speed at a flat trajectory. I was most impressed with this bows forgiving nature. Basically the bow made it easy to be consistantly accurate. Which surprised me seeing it was the first time I shot it. Usually I need to get a feel for a new bow over a few shooting sessions. With a base bow price of under $500 a definate meat and potatoes hunting bow and then some. With extra options such as actionboo limbs and core, two piece exotic wood riser and all the extra effort Chris took to make me happy the bow was under $600. I would tell anybody looking at a production line bow for a couple bucks more check out LHA you won't be disapointed. It's a good possibility my bow will be pictured on the LHA website some time in the future. AT www.lewishollowarchery.com

--------------------
A man has to have a code, a way of life to live by.
John Wayne

Posts: 291 | From: Mass. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe vt
Contributor 2016
Member # 253

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe vt   Email joe vt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike,

Yup that Chris is a stand up guy and his customer service is second to none.

I love shooting my LHA recurve.

--------------------
~ joe vt >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Posts: 1980 | From: Northwest Vermont | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
warbird
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for warbird   Email warbird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe,

You hit that nail on the head. If every buisiness was run like Chris runs LHA there would be no need for the Better Buisiness Bureau.

--------------------
A man has to have a code, a way of life to live by.
John Wayne

Posts: 291 | From: Mass. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©