JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » Rivers Edge; "Little River" Hybrid

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rivers Edge; "Little River" Hybrid
joe vt
Contributor 2016
Member # 253

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe vt   Email joe vt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the privledge to demo a Rivers Edge "Little River" Hybrid longbow. Thanks Frank and Kevin!!

For pics of the bow go to:
http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=018945

Specs: 58" 50# @28" Shedua riser, Zebrawood limbs. Overlays on back and belly of riser. This is the first hybrid longbow Kevin made; thus it sports the #1 writing on the bow. He told me since then there are sudtle changes that makes today's version nicer.

It can be a little misleading to draw any conclusions on a new shooting bow but this is what I saw...........

It's a great shooting little longbow with plenty of zip. Very light in the hand with great pointability.

It is crafted with care. No sanding marks. Fit and finish are top notch. I love the overlays on the riser!!!! They just add a bunch of beauty to a bow.

It is a smooth drawing longbow back to my 28.5" draw. Upon reaching full draw there is a slight amount wiggle at the ends of the limbs. But this needs to be kept into perspective becuase we are talking a short longbow here. I have another 58" hybrid longbow from a different bowyer and it too has the same wiggle. With a bow quiver on however the stability is rock steady.

There is no hand shock to speak of. I am shooting a FF string on this bow. My 1 pc recurve with Dacron produces more handshock than this longbow. The grip is comfy and places my hand in the same place everytime.

As far as performance goes; I am impressed. I shot Beman ICS Camo 500 carbons; Easton 1916's, and 2016's with ease. But I gotta say this bow really shined when I threw some ~ 750 grain maple arrows!! Can you say WACK!!!! [thumbsup]

It's not as quiet as I like a bow to be. With the FF string there is that high pitch twang going on. Of course that goes away when I was shooting the maple shafts. [Razz] I would love to shoot it with a Dacron string, but I don't have one.

There you have it. I ain't no expert, but these are my opinions. I look forward to shooting the RE Little River longbow a bit more before she heads home.

Oh and by the way I am already thinking of where I can get money to order one!

http://www.riversedgerecurves.com

--------------------
~ joe vt >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Posts: 1978 | From: Northwest Vermont | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticshooter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticshooter   Email sticshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Shell and I were at the BIG FOOT Shoot in lake Geneva this weekend.Kevin and Sue were also there with a batch of NEW Vortex's and other bow's.I shot a new vortex and he said a 62"r is on the way.This longbow is a super little bow.<><

--------------------
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp Stic."
TGMM

Posts: 9651 | From: Foot of the Cross! < WI | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe vt
Contributor 2016
Member # 253

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe vt   Email joe vt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you lucky dog Frank.

--------------------
~ joe vt >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Posts: 1978 | From: Northwest Vermont | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticshooter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticshooter   Email sticshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going up north to Kevins and Sies to shoot a Nw 62R on sunday.HEHEHE!!!<><

--------------------
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp Stic."
TGMM

Posts: 9651 | From: Foot of the Cross! < WI | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©