JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » Lightning Longbows

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lightning Longbows
stickbowguy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5776

Icon 14 posted      Profile for stickbowguy   Author's Homepage   Email stickbowguy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just picked up a Lightning Longbow, a Hunter Supreme and what little bit I have shot it I think its great. Has anyone else had one of these and what did you think of it? beautiful bow and super smooth. I think she's a keeper
Posts: 405 | From: Traverse City, Michigan | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heydeerman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heydeerman         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a 60" 49@28 Hunter. It has a cocobolo handle with bamboo cored yew limbs. She looks and shoots good. This is one bow thats getting overlooked out there.
Posts: 3461 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newell38
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newell38   Email newell38       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have a 60#@26 lefty....love the bow..its a hunter model....also have shot quite a few markert specials...these are the best bows for the buck in my opinion...mr morey is a good guy to deal with also...good luck!

--------------------
"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
Endless loop strings, heavy bows, and wood and only wood arrows...my kind of archery!

Posts: 1651 | From: hobart indiana | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stickbowguy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stickbowguy   Author's Homepage   Email stickbowguy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been shooting it alot and love it, its 68" 60#@28" Bloodwood and Tulip riser and bamboo and Carbon limbs. Bow was built for 3D and shoots great. I think they are over looked by most people, wich is a shame because they are shooters.
Posts: 405 | From: Traverse City, Michigan | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heydeerman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heydeerman         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gordy built a 60 pound bloodwood/ebony with stained bamboo limbs last year that I had to let go because of my neck injury. Man that bow was a beauty. This 49@28 is a little weak for me but this thing throws em. Gonna kill somethin with it this year. Likes a heavy arrow. Made up some cocobolo footed cedars to hunt with this year. Hoping to get some old ash arrows of mine going again. I havent sold many of the Lightnings but everyone I have sold are in happy homes.
Posts: 3461 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bayoulongbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bayoulongbowman   Email bayoulongbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gordy , built a couple bows for me, nice guy first class....dang good bow too!!! mark chambers

--------------------
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had better be right!"

Posts: 12170 | From: Baton Rouge , La. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paulair
Member # 6462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paulair   Email Paulair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Lightning Longbow 53# 64" and I am very happy.
Really no noticable handshock so it shoots like a recurve and is faster than my recurve.
it shoots a 550grn 175fps (@28")

Posts: 8 | From: Germany | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©