JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » Bowyer found (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bowyer found
tobildteleez
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tobildteleez         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have found the greatest bowyer in moses lake washington by the name of Calvin Payne. His product is a greatbow called the SAGUARO. it is a longbow built custom to order RT or LFT handed. 58,60.62 " with only a two week turn around for 350.00 and up delivered to your doorstep. I have three and a 4th being built now. I am shooting X'z straight out of the box. if you are looking for a new custom give him a call at 509-760-4770 or email him at cal@soiltestlab.com and tell him that David Slocum sent ya.. Great guy. I have pics of three of my bows if you want a look. at jms490@iland.net
Posts: 1490 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jesse cales
Contributor 2015
Member # 6880

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jesse cales   Author's Homepage   Email jesse cales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i also own a saguaro.david is right on about calvin.great guy and a great bow.
Posts: 1712 | From: virginia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slycoyote
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6285

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slycoyote   Author's Homepage   Email Slycoyote   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also purchased a Saquaro, so far so good. Has anyone had probs with the backside of the tips cracking the clear glass finish? Kinda like the string are cutting into the glass? Great bows overall, very, and I mean very fast and accurate.

--------------------
I choose nothing, I was born, and this is what I am.

Achilles

Correct email addy is longbow@pgrb.com

Posts: 245 | From: Bertram, TX 78605 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tobildteleez
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tobildteleez         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
slycoyote, Calvin will stand by anything that does'nt stand up. if you want him to look at the tip contact him and ask him. his number is above. I havehad 4 of these bows and have'nt had a single problem... yet... David
Posts: 1490 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bayoulongbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bayoulongbowman   Email bayoulongbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok ... how about some new bow pics??????????????????

--------------------
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had better be right!"

Posts: 12170 | From: Baton Rouge , La. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slycoyote
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6285

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slycoyote   Author's Homepage   Email Slycoyote   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys, I did not intend to imply something was drastically wrong with a bow I have by this maker. I was simply asking if anyone has had this problem occur with a bow by this maker.

I will attempt to resolve this problem with Calvin and I'm positive all will be fine.

--------------------
I choose nothing, I was born, and this is what I am.

Achilles

Correct email addy is longbow@pgrb.com

Posts: 245 | From: Bertram, TX 78605 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tobildteleez
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6169

I personally will see to it for you slycoyote. Calvin is a super guy and will right the problem
tobildteleez
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6169

Hey slycoyote, just talked to calvin and he said that he has benn in touch with you and will fix the tip or if he can't repair it then he will build you a new bow
offshot
Member # 8112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for offshot   Email offshot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
none of your sites are working?? was interested in lookin into these bows for hunting next year

also you said 350.00 and up how much did you pay i want an excclent bow i hate settling for the bare minimum

Posts: 2 | From: va | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trad2DaBone
Member # 6268

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trad2DaBone   Email Trad2DaBone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Offshot,
I shot the bow that slycoyote has. Nothing bare minimum about it. Looks are terrific and is the hardest shooting bow I have had my hands on. Shoots where ya look too. Sly loves his and put his thunderhorn heartstopper in the closet when he got it.
Hope to get one myself.
Larry

--------------------
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 84 | From: Burnet , Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Palmer
Contributor 2014
Member # 231

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Palmer   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Palmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had one for about ten minutes that was damaged during shipment...it was cracked in half at the handle...now that took some work!!! It was a new one David Slocum had built! Once I get the insurance $$, Calvin has agreed to build me a new one! Can't hardly wait!!!

I must say the bow was striking!! Excellent finish work and superp choice of component woods! Handle was incredible and fit fantastic to my hand!

--------------------
"Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground."
- Anonymous

Posts: 751 | From: Delawhere? | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BighornTn
Contributor 2014
Member # 163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BighornTn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have pics of this bow they could post or send me. Thanks Rick J

--------------------
"You can have everything that you want out of life, if you help enough other people get what they want out of life." Zig Zigler

"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point." Billy Graham
Member TBOF
Member TBG

Posts: 882 | From: Jacksonville Florida | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BighornTn
Contributor 2014
Member # 163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BighornTn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok. I ordered one you guys were talking so good about them. Calvin is a nice fella. I look forward to getting this bow. Rick J

--------------------
"You can have everything that you want out of life, if you help enough other people get what they want out of life." Zig Zigler

"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point." Billy Graham
Member TBOF
Member TBG

Posts: 882 | From: Jacksonville Florida | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2ndxarnd
Contributing Member 2006
Member # 6421

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2ndxarnd   Email 2ndxarnd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would it be possible to see some pics?

--------------------
Take the time to teach a child.

Posts: 336 | From: Maryland | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bayoulongbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bayoulongbowman   Email bayoulongbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats what i said lol pics!!!!!!!

--------------------
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had better be right!"

Posts: 12170 | From: Baton Rouge , La. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©