JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » Hummingbird Bowie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hummingbird Bowie
4Blade
Contributor 2014
Member # 11178

Icon 14 posted      Profile for 4Blade   Email 4Blade   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have shot and bought quite a few bows over the years and I just wanted to share my notes on the new Ben & Linda Graham - Hummingbird Bowie.

I bought a 62" 50lb @ 28" Bowie from Mr. Graham at the Bowyer's Journal event this spring. I shot many bows there including Bob Morrison's foam limbed Shawnee (very impressive by the way) but I kept returning to Mr. Graham's booth to try another Hummingbird. The Bowie I finally purchased just seemed to be made for me.

The bow is smooth drawing, quiet, and fast. The most impressive characteristic for me was the accuracy I could obtain at the short indoor range.

I don't know about everyone else but I shoot my best groups around 20 - 25 yds. I think that is the place where the trajectory of a moderately heavy arrow and all the sight cues come together to make me the most consistent. The Bowie however, has increased my accuracy exponentially from point blank to 30 yards. When I told Mr. Graham that I was more accurate with his bow than any of the others I had shot, he said it was probably the grip. When you look at and feel the grip it appears to be nothing special. It is well contoured and comfortable and that is about it, but it works wonders for me. And maybe that is what makes it special; it's natural and comfortable. I believe it is not just the grip but also the position and contour of the arrow shelf. In my opinion the arrow shelf is located at the perfect elevation from my bow hand and it is beveled and coutoured to allow maximum fletching clearance and maximum energy transfer from string to shaft.

The bow is very efficient according to the speeds recorded with a chronograph.

467gr 29" 55/75 goldtip @ 28.5"draw = 187fps = 9.1gr/lb

490gr 29"xx75 2115 @ 29"draw = 188fps = 9.2gr/lb

545gr 30.5"xx75 2018 @ 29" draw = 182fps = 10.2 gr/lb

So if you are in the market for a bow, you might want to give this new Hummingbird a look. Mr. Graham said he could deliver a new bow in 2 - 3 months and he did have some in stock when I last spoke with him.

Good Luck and keep 'em in the 10 ring.

Mark

-  -  -  -  -  -

-

Posts: 137 | From: Ligonier, PA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bentpole
Contributor 2014
Member # 6180

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentpole   Email bentpole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
4blade Thanks for the review. I really like the looks of the one piece Bowie Longbow. That's one bow I would really like to shoot for sure. It really looks like an awesome bow.Price is nice too.
Posts: 7480 | From: pequannock n.j. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticshooter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticshooter   Email sticshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sharp looking bow. Love the name.LOL<><

--------------------
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp Stic."
TGMM

Posts: 9651 | From: Foot of the Cross! < WI | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©