Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » G. Fed Asbell's Company

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: G. Fed Asbell's Company
Scoobiedooo
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoobiedooo   Author's Homepage   Email Scoobiedooo       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure if this is the proper place for it - but I thought so being this was an item purchased at G. Fed Asbell's company itself...

I ordered a paperback copy of Fred's book - 'Instinctive Shooing II' this week. I received a nice e-mail from (his wife?) saying "Thank you for your order - I will have Fred sign the book and get it shipped right out to you!"

I wrote back and said "Fred personally SIGNS each book ordered?" Her reply was "Yes - I tell him to sign each book before I ship them even tho his reply always is "Maybe they DON'T want their book signed by me!" She tells him "Sign it anyway and let me worry about that!" LOL.

I thought that that was a riot - but showed me how personally they feel about an order and those of us that choose to purchased Fred's products, books, etc.

I found that - in this day and age - to make me smile and impressed me greatly! I mean - an AUTOGRAPHED book by Fred himself - and not even an extra fee for his autograph (and yes - I HAVE seen this done by other well-known archers/bowhunters selling their wares as well).

Needless to say - it made my day, felt I HAD to pass this on - and share it with you all.

It's nice to know that still today there ARE companies where one isn't JUST 'a number.'

Thanks Mr and Mrs. Asbell for making my day and making me smile! I will cherish that addition to my bowhunting library for a lifetime!

: )

--------------------
Be nice to a nurse - you never know if or when your life or those you love life/lives may depend on us!

"Bless are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy." (5:7)

Posts: 187 | From: Schenectady, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rustic
Contributor 2012
Member # 35061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rustic   Email Rustic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice post...I'm thinking about his instinctive shooting series for my winter readings. [thumbsup]

--------------------
PV Longbow 48#@28"
Bear Grizzly Recurve 45#@28"
Darton Trailmaster Recurve 35#@28"

Posts: 607 | From: Holly, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CO_Bowhunter
Member # 17231

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CO_Bowhunter   Author's Homepage   Email CO_Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fred's books on instinctive shooting and stalking and still hunting changed the way I hunt. I am a lot more successful because of his efforts. I share his books and videos with many.

Many years ago I had a chance to meet Fred at Arrow Dynamics in Fort Collins, Colorado. He was giving a presentation on instinctive shooting. I learned more in that hour than I had in the last five years.

Your note about him signing the book speaks volumes about the guy. Impressed.

Posts: 24 | From: Loveland, CO | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveSki
Member # 2905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveSki   Email SteveSki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree. I have read most of Fred's books and have found them to be great hunting and shooting resources. I have also just ordered one of Theresa's hooded wool pullovers, and I have to say it is one of the best pieces of hunting gear I own. Plus her customer service is the best!!! The Asbell's truly are a class act and a great asset to the traditional community!!!

--------------------
"An army of deer led by a lion is to be more feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedon

Posts: 9 | From: Yardville N.J. | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ric O'Shay
Contributor 2015
Member # 1892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ric O'Shay   Email Ric O'Shay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Teresa and Fred are both 1st Class folks.

Danny

--------------------
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 2759 | From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
okla bearclaw
SPONSOR
Member # 26001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for okla bearclaw   Author's Homepage   Email okla bearclaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good folks for sure

--------------------
The Nocking Point
Like us on Facebook [URL=http://www.thenockingpoint.com/URL]

Posts: 1883 | From: Log cabin in Osage county Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Turner
Contributor 2015
Member # 2264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Turner   Email Bill Turner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not much more to be said about the Asbell's. Just hard to beat there product offering or their customer service. You might not know it but they helped raise $8,000 plus for the kids of St.Jude's last spring as well. Keep it up Fred and Teresa. You are appreciated on this site. [thumbsup]
Posts: 3440 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©