Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » New Bushmen Bow

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Bushmen Bow
Busterdog
Member # 31654

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Busterdog   Email Busterdog   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been shooting a Bushmen Longbow for about a year now. I had shot recurves for about 15yrs, and was interested in longbows, but, had never shot one that impressed me.
I was amazed that a longbow could be so smooth, AND fast.
There was none of the hand-shock that I had experienced with other designs.
I like to shoot 3D competitions, and have had lots of fun,(and some success) with my Bushmen Bow.
It has a riser of Bloodwood with Purpleheart fishtails, and phenolic accents, 44# @ 27" and slings an arrow downrange like a carbon recurve!
The owner and bowyer of Bushmen Bows, Steven Jewett, is now making my "dream bow".
It is in the oven as I write this!
My new bow will have a glass riser, with double carbon limbs.
I wanted a take-down bow, so I could ride my motorcycle to shoots with my friends.
Steve is an amazing artist, and I can't wait to see/shoot my new bow.
If you are looking for a longbow, call Steve at Bushmen...772-332-9499.
He's a nice guy and his craftsmanship has to be seen to really be appreciated.
Steve has a new website with lots of pictures of his bows.
Just search for Bushmen Bows, and it comes right up.
Good shooting everyone...
I love traditional archery, and have helped many people to also love it over the years.
I give my time freely, asking only that they share Traditional Archery with others.
[archer2]

Posts: 4 | From: florida | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charles m
Contributor 2014
Member # 2599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charles m         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I shot one once, and I agree. I think this guy's bows should get more publicity. I think he'd get that by being a sponsor hear.
Posts: 226 | From: pa | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©