JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » Absorkee Quiver....by Farr West Leather (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Absorkee Quiver....by Farr West Leather
atlatlzoom
Contributor 2016
Member # 10698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atlatlzoom   Email atlatlzoom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like that looks of this quiver, but I've never used one of this type, so I've got a question. Most of my hunting is done from stands, and I frequently use a climbing stand, specifically a summit viper. My question is, can anyone comment on if this quiver would interfere while carrying the stand? Looks as if its riding high enough where the shafts and possibly feathers would rub against the climber, because the stand is wider than my shoulders, so it kinda hangs off above where the quiver would ride.

Thanks, Zane

--------------------
Brothers, if someone is caught in any wrongdoing, you who are spiritual should restore such a person with a gentle spirit, watching out for yourselves so you won't be temped also. - Galatians 6:1

Posts: 668 | From: Chesterfield, VA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brazos
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brazos   Email Brazos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recieved my Absorkee quiver and fletching cover today. This is just an initial review as quite frankly it will most likely sit on a shelf until September as my hunting season is over. The quiver is very well made. This quiver will last many generations. It's ashame my wife will sell it in a garage sale for $2 after I am dead. Fit and finish is great. It looks just like the pictures on the website. Just a well made, heavy duty, handmade hunting piece of equipment. Though the pictures on the website are very good there are some subtle things that don't show up. For example the fletching cover retainer system is a slick, quality deal. Now for Tim. He was responsive with emails and got the quiver out very quickly. He requested I call him as he was unsure what color I wanted so I did. Real nice guy and he nailed the color I described.

Picking a quiver is a tough choice. Each quiver has it's strong points, weak points, and has it's place. I have a handful of quivers I have accumulated over the years. I have never been satisfied with any of them. For example my back quiver is cool. When you have a longbow in your hand it completes the picture like a coon skin cap on Davey Crokket. That said it has 3 drawbacks. First it is not backpack friendly. Second it can be a pain to remove an arrow from in a stealth like manner. Third I am always worrisome my arrows are flapping around behind me like a big flag. The Absorkie design/system seems to answer these problems. It's on my hip, no backpack worries. I can easily, quietly remove and knock an arrow without much movement as it has the arrow placed right where it needs to be. It also puts the fletchings behind me plus has a fletching cover to hide the "fletching flag". The system really makes sense, more so than any quiver I have looked at, and am anxious to try it out next fall. Though I haven't used it yet I have full confidence it will work great.

Thanks Tim for a great product.

Brazos (Craig)

Posts: 304 | From: TX | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tim roberts
Contributor 2017
Member # 6228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tim roberts   Email tim roberts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zane
You are probably right in guessing the stand while on your back could interfere with your arrows. Though, because the quiver is very versatile in its use, it can be placed a little bit forward on your waist to keep the shafts away from your stand.

Craig,
Looking forward to seeing some pictures!
Thanks,

--------------------
Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

I guess if we run into the bear that is making these tracks, we oughta just get off the trail.......He seems to like it!
My good friend Rudy Bonser, while hunting elk up Indian Creek.

Posts: 1581 | From: Fort Benton, Montana | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atlatlzoom
Contributor 2016
Member # 10698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atlatlzoom   Email atlatlzoom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the reply Tim. I get what you're saying about moving it around, I may have to try one out soon.

Thanks, Zane

--------------------
Brothers, if someone is caught in any wrongdoing, you who are spiritual should restore such a person with a gentle spirit, watching out for yourselves so you won't be temped also. - Galatians 6:1

Posts: 668 | From: Chesterfield, VA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atlatlzoom
Contributor 2016
Member # 10698

Thanks for the reply Tim. I get what you're saying about moving it around, I may have to try one out soon.

Thanks, Zane

--------------------

pcg
Contributor 2015
Member # 37850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pcg   Email pcg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought an Absorkee some months ago--a RH version. Loved it (and I own a half dozen "other" quivers, as fine examples). I shoot both sides, and ordered a LH version that arrived about a week ago. Same identical quality as my original RH.

My reaction is that these are the ultimate quivers... Nothing comes as close. Price is excellent, quality is superb, utility is perfect.

Thanks, Tim.

--------------------
-2 Grizzly Qarbon Nanos LH, RH
-2 John Schulz RH bows
-2 TimberHawk Monarchs LH, RH
-3 GP Swift T/Ds, LH & RH; GP Long Curve RH
-3 Dave Miller longbows LH, RH
-3 Rempp selfbows

'Bow' in Greek means life but its work is death. -Heraclitus

Posts: 505 | From: New England | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pcg
Contributor 2015
Member # 37850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pcg   Email pcg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought an Absorkee some months ago--a RH version. Loved it (and I own a half dozen "other" quivers, fine examples of alternatives). I shoot both right and left-sided, and ordered a LH version that arrived about a week ago. Same identical quality as my original RH.

My reaction is that these are the ultimate quivers... Nothing comes as close. Price is excellent, quality is superb, utility is perfect.

Thanks, Tim.

--------------------
-2 John Schulz RH bows
-3 Rempp selfbows

Posts: 505 | From: New England | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rbcorbitt
Contributor 2016
Member # 35446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rbcorbitt   Email rbcorbitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great design and excellent workmanship!

Plus Tim is a great guy to work with!

Mine gets a lot of comments wherever I go with it. Thanks, Tim, for a great product!

--------------------
"I would rather be amongst forest animals and the sounds of nature, then amongst city traffic and the noise of man" - A.D. Williams

Posts: 1560 | From: Roanoke, VA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pcg
Contributor 2015
Member # 37850

A quarter of a year later, and a couple thousand arrows shot using the quivers since I bought them, just have to reiterate that this is a superb product--innovative, a joy to use when stalking, efficient, thoughtfully designed.

--------------------
-2 John Schulz RH bows
-3 Rempp selfbows

delongbows
Contributor 2014
Member # 38193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for delongbows   Email delongbows   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After years of searching for the perfect quiver, I happened upon a used absorkee and figured I'd give it a try. That was a little less than a year ago........needless to say, my search has long since been over. This quiver has everything I was looking for. Quiet, stable, easy on - easy off, and no flopping around with movement. Tim knocked it out of the park with this one!
Posts: 524 | From: pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iowabowhunter
Contributor 2017
Member # 35334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iowabowhunter   Email Iowabowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love mine, looks great with the custom arm guard I got from Tim as well.

Super functional, I got the one with the blunt tipped arrow holder on the outside, works incredibly well.

Fletch cover keeps my arrows dry and is very quiet. Grippers work very well on my slim diameter shafts, course can order different sizes if you shoot woodies/aluminum

Used mine on a lot of hikes this spring and on hunts last year, only regret is getting it a little scratched going through some brush.

Do yourself a favor and give Tim a shout-he will make you a handmade functional piece of hunting equipment that looks great as well!!!

--------------------
Associate PBS member NRA member BHA member DU and Pheasants Forever

Posts: 1579 | From: From Iowa-now in Bozeman Montana | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Nocking Point
SPONSOR
Member # 26001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nocking Point   Author's Homepage   Email The Nocking Point   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great quiver with exceptional workmanship

--------------------
The Nocking Point
Like us on Facebook
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Posts: 2599 | From: Log cabin in Osage county Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greyrider
Contributor 2016
Member # 23835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greyrider   Email Greyrider   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had one for several years now with the knife. It is great when I climb into my stand I have straps around my trees that I slip it on so it right beside me for quick arrow access. It is a little heavier than other side quivers I have had but it's great to me and don't plan on changing.
Thanks Dennis

Posts: 282 | From: Hannibal,Missouri | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
Contributor 2017
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Used mine on a bear hunt last spring......worked well.

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15638 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©