JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » Two Tracks Echo "String Follow"Longbow - pic's (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Two Tracks Echo "String Follow"Longbow - pic's
Ricker
Contributor 2017
Member # 17556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricker   Email Ricker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received this bow pretty close to Christmas day from Chuck and really have not had time or a place to shoot it much since it has been so cold and miserable outside whenever I had the time to shoot a few arrows. So I waited until I could shoot it a fair bit to give an honest account of it's manners.
In my humble opinion Chuck really set a standard for this design of American Longbow. I just know it in my heart ole Howard Hill would be proud of Chuck's work. I've been shooting this style of bow a long time. I was lucky my Dad was into archery since the 1940's and passed it along to me as a young child in the late 60's.
I have been on a kick for the building and what makes the American Longbow tick for over 25 years, owning many of the old time bowyer's bows as well as many other fine works being made today.
I feel there is a perfect amount of "follow" in the "Echo" limbs to keep good early string weight yet enough to make it forgiving and the hand shock null and void. Chuck nailed the tiller to a perfect elliptical bend that is so typical and beautiful to the classic style longbows.
The "Echo" is so quiet it is just unbelievable.
Chuck did a great job fashioning the grip to fit my hand measurements perfectly, which helps me keep the arrows going where I'm looking.
All that and the attention to detail with the fit and finish being fantastic, like the attention to the contrast of the shades of the Walnut cores with the lighter lam in the middle of the stack.
I could not be happier, Thank You Chuck...

Here are some pictures. I love Walnut as limb cores (for reasons I won't bore you all with) and the riser is an awesome piece of curly Narra with brown glass, a favorite of mine on the back and belly. Simple but classic looking.

Note: The jute grip is something I added. I personally like jute or beaver tail as grip material.

In my opinion anyone that picks one of these up from Chuck will certainly be getting a piece of art and an excellent example of what these style bows should be like.

The stats are 68" long, 54#@28 shooting 615 grain wood arrows.

-  -

Guess who got the first one ??? [Big Grin]
 -
 -  -  -  -

Posts: 727 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanF
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanF   Email AlanF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a beautiful bow and sounds like it has found a permanent home!

--------------------
"You uncovered your bow, you called for many arrows." Habakkuk 3:9

Posts: 429 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flint kemper
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flint kemper   Email flint kemper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great looking bow. Thanks for the review.
Posts: 1106 | From: League City, Texas | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticksnstones
Contributor 2017
Member # 24842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticksnstones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So that's where #1 went! I pretty sure you are the only one with the walnut cores at this point other than the take down prototype.

I have #4 and I agree with you 100%, this is an awesome longbow!
 -

I know the owners of 2, 3, and 5 so I've had good opportunity to check those out too. The same workmanship and attention to detail in all of those bows. I look forward to seeing and shooting as many of these as I can get my hands on!
Thom

Posts: 1511 | From: Grand Haven, Michigan | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricker
Contributor 2017
Member # 17556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricker   Email Ricker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thom,
I'm sure we will cross paths somewhere and you are very much welcome to shoot mine if you like.
Rick

Posts: 727 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Two Tracks
SPONSOR
Member # 19120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Two Tracks   Email Two Tracks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TTT for Mudd

--------------------
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

https://twotracksoutdoors.com/

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Posts: 5920 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mudd
2017 Contributor
Member # 184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mudd   Author's Homepage   Email Mudd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Chuck!

I love the simplicity and elegance.

Would some of you "Echo" shooters please post up some full draw pictures?

Thank you!

God bless,Mudd

--------------------
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Posts: 12018 | From: Ashland,Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coaster500
Contributor 2015
Member # 19836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coaster500   Email coaster500   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a sweet looking bow....... Ricker you don't see that hemp wrap very often on a glass bow but I bet a few show up now [Smile]

Very nice Chuck!!!

--------------------
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Posts: 4773 | From: San Luis Obispo, California | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Two Tracks
SPONSOR
Member # 19120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Two Tracks   Email Two Tracks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rick has been doing that for a good while on his bows Kip. I think I may play with it on my personal bow and see about adding it as an option. I think it can have a place in a fellas line up.
Thank for the compliment.
CTT

--------------------
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

https://twotracksoutdoors.com/

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Posts: 5920 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricker
Contributor 2017
Member # 17556

Thanks Coaster, I put The jute on over the leather to see what it felt like. It was fine that way, but I decided to remove it and reapply directly on the bow to clean up the look. I think I like the jute even better than Beaver tail. It is great even in the rain...no slip. I'll try to get some more pics up today and maybe even a full draw for Mudd.
I played around a bit with shots out to about 50 yards just to watch the flight of the arrow. Kind of a silly boyhood thing, but I get a kick out of doing it. The cast of this bow is so perfect, a beautiful even arc all the way to the target. Honestly, I'm impressed with the quickness and silence even more.
Chuck sure knocked it out of the park with the Echo.

Thanks for the interest fellas,
Rick

Ricker
Contributor 2017
Member # 17556

Here is full draw at 28" for Mr. Mudd and an updated picture of the jute grip for Mr Coaster.
Chuck did a great job with the way the limbs work. Check it out compared to the Master of this design. The camera angle on me is directly from the side view of the bow while the one of Howard is slightly behind. Still pretty cool huh?
 -  -  -  -

Mudd
2017 Contributor
Member # 184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mudd   Author's Homepage   Email Mudd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks awesome at full draw.

She looks to be full of elegance and super graceful.

Thank you for the picture.

God bless, Mudd

--------------------
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Posts: 12018 | From: Ashland,Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coaster500
Contributor 2015
Member # 19836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coaster500   Email coaster500   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perfect tiller!!!

Great picture [Smile]

--------------------
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Posts: 4773 | From: San Luis Obispo, California | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T-Bowhunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T-Bowhunter   Email T-Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful Bow!

--------------------
William

Great Northern Bush Bow 62" 47@28"
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida

Posts: 1789 | From: Ocala, Florida | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
Contributor 2017
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup] Pretty darn nice!

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15638 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©