JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » back quiver

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: back quiver
Lineman72
Contributor 2015
Member # 37479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lineman72   Email Lineman72   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys n gals!

Looking for a r/h back quiver that sits and stays between ear and shoulder. I had HH quiver which was beautiful, but kept sliding down towards my outside shoulder thus making it really difficult for me to extract an arrow. I have short arms and it was like trying to be a contortionist to draw an arrow. I still would like to give back quivers a chance. I actually purchased one on****, it sits where i need it, but its too soft and totally collapses thus making putting arrows back in the quiver, quite arduous. So if anybody can point me in the right direction cuz they are familar with what im going thru, I would be greatly appreciated. I was looking at steve catts and mikes archery leather. I know they both produce quality products, but want to make sure they offer what i need.
Ty
Mike

--------------------
Form form form
Fun fun fun

Posts: 592 | From: nj | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TOEJAMMER
Contributor 2017
Member # 20372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TOEJAMMER   Email TOEJAMMER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Give Art Vincent a call.
Posts: 950 | From: Colorado | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ncheels
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ncheels   Email ncheels   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
take a look at rasherquivers.

--------------------
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men
do nothing."

Posts: 285 | From: Orange county, NC | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Roehrick
Contributor 2017
Member # 2662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron Roehrick   Email Ron Roehrick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back quivers need to be custom for each shooter for them to fit correctly. Nate Steen and David Miller do a great job.
Posts: 841 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trapper
Contributor 2014
Member # 2414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trapper   Email trapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave Wallace makes a great one. He hunts with one which I believes makes a difference on what he does right or wrong with designing the quiver.

--------------------
Will McQueen

Posts: 364 | From: Cincinnati,Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lineman72
Contributor 2015
Member # 37479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lineman72   Email Lineman72   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all. I had art vincent make me a beautiful back quiver. It was hard at first but has shaped perfectly to me. The arrows stay quiet, hardly any movement. Designed for fit,function and flare! Ty tg

--------------------
Form form form
Fun fun fun

Posts: 592 | From: nj | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
58WINTERS
Contributor 2017
Member # 7719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 58WINTERS   Email 58WINTERS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had a Catts for a number of years. Typical Catts quality, it is his large (standard) Hill style quiver. I can wear in between the head and shoulder or further off the shoulder by adjusting the strap. Steves quivers are heavy leather but conform to the archer after extended use. They are quite stiff and tube like when new. If I was to have another made, which I am considering, I will have him leave the pocket off.

Posts: 581 | From: BEND, OR | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linwood Hines
Contributor 2017
Member # 4199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linwood Hines   Email Linwood Hines   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking for a really nicely made backquiver too. How do I find Art V, Catts, etc. - I've looked in the Sponsor Classified but unless their names are in their business name, one doesn't know.

--------------------
Linwood

Posts: 150 | From: Chesterfield, VA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linwood Hines
Contributor 2017
Member # 4199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linwood Hines   Email Linwood Hines   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steen, etc. too, please.

--------------------
Linwood

Posts: 150 | From: Chesterfield, VA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coastalcop
Member # 42071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coastalcop   Email Coastalcop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No expert , but I love my Boggs
Posts: 1 | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan80236
Member # 43720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan80236     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
take the quiver that is is too floppy and sew in or add a cuff to the top and place a ring of coat hander wire i side of it. Then shape the wire in a D shape. The flat part of the D goes on the back and the round part keeps it open for placing arrows back in. I the opening already has a cuff just cut a few stitches and thread the wire into the space in there then twist it together and cut, then reseal cuff.
Posts: 11 | From: washington | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MajorJim
Contributor 2015
Member # 34901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MajorJim   Email MajorJim   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Linwood Hines:
I'm looking for a really nicely made backquiver too. How do I find Art V, Catts, etc. - I've looked in the Sponsor Classified but unless their names are in their business name, one doesn't know.

Art Vincent is Cedar Ridge. http://archeryleather.com.
Posts: 21 | From: VI | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crazynate
Banned
Member # 41944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazynate   Email crazynate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the fish scale from art Vincent. Beautiful quiver. The best thing is I told him I am a small guy and I shoot a lot with just a tee shirt on and wanted one that sit up on my a shoulder and that's exactly how it fits. Love it love love it.
Posts: 853 | From: MI | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©