JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » Leon Stewart

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Leon Stewart
BLACKDOG #1
2017 Contributor
Member # 13064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLACKDOG #1   Email BLACKDOG #1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife and I had the pleasure of meeting Leon Stewart at ETAR in 2013. His display caught my wife’s eye by the beauty of his bows. Every bow is just as stunning as the next. After shooting my wife’s bow I decided to buy a Leon Stewart of my own. I called Leon and bought a used bow, what a shooter, I was so pleased I bought another. After buying 2 used bows my wife talked me into ordering a new bow from Leon and picking out the woods myself. I really did not want to drive 5 hours to his shop but my wife talked me into it. Boy I’m glad she did. I assumed he would set aside an hour or so for us, but Leon had set aside his entire day. Not only did he take the time to show me all the different woods available, but he helped me select what would not only look good together but would also shoot well. He invited my wife and me into his home to see his personal collection and many hunting trophies. He allowed us to shoot all his own personal bows and the bows he had in stock for sale. I was like a kid in a candy store. I will definitely be making the trip again. The bow I ordered was well worth the wait. Everything I thought it would be and more. What started out as 1 bow for my wife has turned into 5 Leon Stewart bows in my own collection. Every bow a different poundage but all shoot exactly the same. Not only do they shoot where you look, they pull smooth, are extremely fast and are dead quiet. Everything you could possibly want in a bow. I have shot a lot of bows in my time and I have bought and sold many. I have finally found the best bow for me. The whole experience made us feel not like customers but friends. Thank you Leon, for all your time and hospitality. [URL=  - ]web page[/URL] [URL=  - ]web page[/URL] [URL=  - ]web page[/URL] [URL=  - ]web page[/URL] [URL=  - ]web page[/URL]

--------------------
TOM

Posts: 196 | From: YOUNGSVILLE PA 16371 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fmscan
Contributor 2016
Member # 29411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fmscan   Email fmscan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said, I had the pleasure of going to pick up my bow at Leon's shop and it was a very nice experience, great bows from a good man.
Posts: 1221 | From: Skaneateles, NY | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxwell
Contributor 2017
Member # 7005

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maxwell   Email maxwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great bows indeed, I have five also. Three take downs 3 piece and two one piece. Just very nice bows.
Posts: 2401 | From: Syracuse NY | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Topdogdad1
Contributor 2016
Member # 44033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Topdogdad1   Email Topdogdad1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, the quality is fantastic, I have one his originals when he first started from 1992 66" one piece. It has only seen sunlight a few times but shoots extremely smooth and straight
Posts: 7 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PastorSteveHill
2017 Contributor
Member # 12323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PastorSteveHill   Email PastorSteveHill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The BEST!

--------------------
Blessings,
Steve

Posts: 2663 | From: Shreveport LA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill from NJ
Member # 44394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill from NJ   Email Bill from NJ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read this original post a few of months ago.

After reading about Leon Stewart, I did my research and homework.

I also made the trip to visit Leon Stewarts shop.

I can honestly say this was the best thing I ever did.

After a brief discussion on what my needs were, I was able to shoot a few of his bows out back.

I really enjoyed myself. I also got the grand tour of the premises.

I can validate every word of your original post, good man, great experience.

I highly recommend Leon Stewart as a bow maker.

--------------------
Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Posts: 88 | From: Southern New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©