JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » Howard Hill Archery / BackQuivers.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Howard Hill Archery / BackQuivers.....
woodchucker
Contributor 2017
Member # 2822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woodchucker   Email woodchucker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As most here know, My youngest son Tyler & I have been "Bow Buddies" since he was 2 1/2 yrs old.

He started with an old tube quiver,that I put a srap on. Then, about 4 yrs old, I made him a Wyondotte backquiver from a youth kit. He used this for many years untill he outgrew it & "claimed" his older brother's Wyondotte "Field Quiver"..... While I was out of the house during our divorce, his mother sold my old Bear K-Mag, his brother's quiver, and a bunch of my old wooden arrows as a "Vintage Archery Set". Over the last few years... We have tried this quiver, that quiver, and a bunch of other quivers!!! Finaly, a couple weeks ago, he said to me at a 3-D Shoot, "I wish I had a BackQuiver"..... I got thinking, We REALLY should get a couple of GOOD BackQuivers!!!!! For 3-D, Stumping, Hunting... 1 GOOD quiver, would do it all!!! So, I made a phone call to my best friend & local expert that got me back into this whole "traditional" bowhunting thing... Joe Skipp. A man that uses a backquiver for everything, and who has used a backquiver for hunting for MANY years!!!!! Joe's first words were, "call Howard Hill Archery"...

I called them Monday evening,(about 2pm there) and spoke to Jason. I ordered 2 of thier 22" Heavy Leather, Hill Style BackQuivers. Then, I asked him... "Is there any possible chance, we might get them by the weekend???" (Memorial Day) Jason told me that it would be "tight" and assured me that if they had them in stock, he would do the best he could to get them out right away...

Well, I was hoping... Maybe Friday??? Possibly Saturday... Either would give us time to "Christen" them at our local club's Memorial Day Weekend shoot on Sunday.

Today, I worked late,coming home at noon. I was tired & headed right to bed. Tyler came in to wake me at 4pm, Holding 2 of the most BEAUTIFUL Backquivers I have ever seen, full of the arrows he had recently made!!!!! He came home from school & there was a big box, sitting on our porch, waiting for him!!! 3 Days, My Friends!!!!! I have NEVER had service so fast & the QUALITY was absolutely AMAZING!!!!!

I called Howard Hill Archery, and spoke with Jason. I told him how happy we were, and thanked him MANY times, for his help!!!!! Jason & the Folks at Howard Hill Archery, are Top Shelf!!!!!

If you're looking for a top quality backquiver, at a VERY resonable price ($125) Howard Hill Archery, is the where you'll find one!!!!! I can't recommend them highly enough!!!!!

Woodchucker

--------------------
There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Posts: 5613 | From: Dutchess Co. New York | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bud B.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bud B.   Email Bud B.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Posts: 7466 | From: Zoo City, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stickandstring
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 4962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stickandstring   Email stickandstring   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have owned one for near 20 years and it still looks new. Just clean it with Montana pitch blend once a year.
Posts: 999 | From: northern virginia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©