JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Product Reviews » Cabela's Boots by Meindl

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cabela's Boots by Meindl
KodaChuck
Member # 43142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KodaChuck   Email KodaChuck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These boots are winners. Cabela's Active Day Hikers @ $199.99. Not a real heavy backpack boot but a good solid boot that worked well in various terrain including rock slide type Eastern Mountains in PA. Spent 18 hours in the boot one day and was still fresh. They are light, have a good sole and would be excellent for Fall early season hunts. The waterproofing worked well in wet conditions. Don't be put off by the color. After treating the leather, the boot turned dark brown and looks great. . I bought a pair of UnderArmour Speed Freaks at the same time --- I know, different boot but this Meindl boot felt quicker and more nimble with far more support.
I tried Lowa and the fit was not right for me.
Just like this boot the best.
Here is the link ... sorry for the size of it.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Air-Active-Day-Hikers-by-Meindl/1751045.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch%2F%3FN%3D4294534032%26Ne%3D4294534032%26No%3D20%26 Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dmeindl%26Ntx%3Dmode%252Bmatchallpartial%26WT.mc_id%3DGOOGLE%257Cfoo_v_meindl_phrase%257CUSA%26WT.srch%3D1%26WT.tsrc%3DPPC%26WT.z_mc_id1%3D4370000546238182 2%26WTz_st%3D%26WTz_stype%3DSP%26gclid%3DCO7E3M3Cg8YCFUuQHwodNawAng%26gclsrc%3Daw.ds%26recordsPerPage%3D20%26rid%3D20%26search%3Dmeindl%26searchTypeByFilter%3DAllProducts&Ntt=meind l

--------------------
Palmer Recurve 64" 46# @ 30"

Posts: 74 | From: PA | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kingstaken
Contributor 2017
Member # 10937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kingstaken         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There now on sale for $139. I think I'll give them a try.

--------------------
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Posts: 1898 | From: NC | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stickandstring
2017 Contributor
Member # 4962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stickandstring   Email stickandstring   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, should they leak, Cabelas will give you a new pair.
Posts: 975 | From: northern virginia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Roehrick
Contributor 2017
Member # 2662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron Roehrick   Email Ron Roehrick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have used these boots for 3 years now and they are very good quality and wear great and are comfortable right out of the box.I actually bought two more pair.
Posts: 841 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bowwild
Contributor 2017
Member # 2347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bowwild   Author's Homepage   Email Bowwild   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have two pair, love em.

--------------------
If the mind wanders, so too will the arrow.

Member of various archery organizations.

Posts: 5860 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©